A keto mug brownie with a rich chocolate flavor that’s both moist and delicious. Add in chocolate chips or chunks for an even more fudgy experience!
Brownies are that thing on keto everyone is dying to have since chocolate is keto friendly. Things can get tricky time to time with texture but this keto mug brownie will hit the spot for anyone looking for a fast dessert that’s ready in under 1 minute. Be sure to load it with chocolate chips this top off with some keto vanilla ice cream to follow!
How To Make A Keto Mug Brownie
To start, it’s very simple! Melt butter first, that way if it gets too hot it can cool while preparing the other ingredients. Next, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and a sweetener of your choice.
Now, grab that melted butter and an egg and mix everything together until smooth and lump free.
Then, add in your chocolate chips and fold those in. You could also add nuts in there if you’d like.
Lastly, place in microwave for 1 minute or a little less for a more undercooked center and serve. That was so difficult right? If you have some in the house you must try ice cream with it. If you’ve ever had a warm brownie and ice cream you know exactly what I mean.
Dutch Process Cocoa vs Cocoa Powder
There is a difference here in the two. Both have their place but when making baked goods such as this the rich chocolate flavor is associated with dutch process cocoa. You just wont get it from plain cocoa powder. Cocoa powder works great in frostings and such but doesn’t stand well in baked goods. That’s my personal opinion of course.
You can swap them if you’d like but you will get a different tasting keto mug brownie in the end.
Keto Mug Cakes You’ll Love
Keto Mug Brownie
- 1 tablespoon blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 large egg
- Melt butter first. If it's too hot to add with the egg it will have time to cool
- In a coffee mug or bowl add all your dry ingredients
- Grab butter and crack and egg. Using a fork or small whisk mix your dry and wet together until smooth and lump free
- Add in chocolate chips now if you're using them. I didn't list an amount so use or don't use what you'd like
- Microwave for 1 minute to be fully cooked or less to have an undercooked center. Serve!