Keto pumpkin mug cake is great during Thanksgiving time when everyone is having something sweet and you’re focused on weight loss. At only 5g net carbs per dessert!
Thanksgiving is here! You see pumpkin spiced flavor desserts everywhere and you are dying for the fall spices. There’s no time for a cheesecake or cupcakes and this is where a 60 second keto pumpkin mug cake come in for the save!
Mug cakes have been great for people who are short on time. Yet, craving a dessert but don’t want to go out and purchase something the size of a three layer cake.
You get all the fall flavors, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves in this keto pumpkin mug cake. Then, top it off with keto brown sugar coated pecans.
How To Make A Keto Pumpkin Spiced Mug Cake
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Keto Sweetener
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Canned Pumpkin
- Vanilla Extract
First, grab a mug or ramekin that is microwave safe. Then, add in almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder and pumpkin spice.
Now, you can mix everything together to only use one dish in this keto mug cake recipe.
Next, add in canned pumpkin, vanilla extract and an egg. Give the batter a good mix. It will be somewhat thick but allow it to sit and allow the flavors to work together for about 15 minutes.
Now place the mug cake into the microwave for 60 seconds. If you overcook the mug cake it will become very dry. While it’s sitting in the microwave make the pecan topping.
In a small bowl, add Besti brown sugar, pecans and butter. Give that a good mix.
Lastly, top the pecans on the keto pumpkin mug cake and serve!
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Watch the time! I have used several microwaves over the years and they all produce different results at different time. Some may need 90 second some may only need 45 seconds. As a microwave gets older it looses power causing you to need more time. I suggest to always start with 45 seconds and work your way up from there.
- Sub or swap the coconut flour, this is a huge topic the difference between almond flour and coconut flour. In this recipe you can remove the coconut flour but you can’t sub the almond flour out. However, I do have a coconut flour mug cake recipe and those measurements are what you should use adding the pumpkin.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is there a cream cheese or whipped frosting?
To make this recipe as simple as possible I didn’t include a cream cheese frosting. However, the cream cheese topping used in my red velvet mug cake is great choice for this recipe. To make a simple whipped cream topping you can use heavy cream and powdered sugar.
Will Swerve work for the brown sugar option?
Yes it will! I choose Besti because it’s made with allulose and has no aftertaste. Swerve is made with erythritol and will produce a slight cooling effect.
Are there other pumpkin desserts on keto?
Pecan Pumpkin Spice Keto Mug Cake (Low Carb, Sugar Free, Grain Free)
pumpkin spice mug cake
- 2 tablespoon blanched almond flour ()
- 1 tablespoon Coconut flour ()
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener ()
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1.5 teaspoon Besti brown sugar
pumpkin spice mug cake
- combine almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin spice, salt and granulated sweetener. I personally like to do this in another dish other than my mug
- add egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract
- combine dry and wet then place in microwave for a minute and a half. Center may look under cooked but that is fine. Allow it to sit so that it will firm up and cool down
- melt butter then combine pecan and brown sugar alternative.