For fall season this pecan pumpkin spice keto mug cake rings bells. Grain free, low carb and made in one minute this fall time treat is quick and easy!
Chocolate chip and snickerdoodle mug cakes are fine but fall time is upon us. The season to break out the spices along with the color changing leaves. Pumpkin and apple come to mind. I personally don’t care for apple spice so the difficulty in making it keto friendly didn’t bother me a bit!
I had no idea how wonderful pecans and pumpkin spice could be together. That was until I had a pumpkin cheesecake with a pecan layer above the crust. Thank you Cheesecake Factory!
Blew me away and brought inspiration for this recipe.
I made sure to keep it super simple as well. After all, it is a keto mug cake. The purpose is a sugar free snack that’s quick, easy and delicious all in one. I did a rather good job if I do say so myself.
The pumpkin spice keto mug cake uses my normal blend of almond flour and coconut flour. Sweetened with monk fruit and stevia as well.
The star though? Is this pecan topping. Really, it brings a completely different element. Think sweet potato casserole. The brown sugar alternative, butter and pecan mixture is pretty much the same. Yet, no baking simply melt the butter down and mix the three together. Super easy!
Even though the topping resembles sweet potato pie the base doesn’t. I include actual pumpkin and pumpkin spice as well. There is no confusion the mug cake base can’t help but produce a pumpkin flavor.
Not only do you get pumpkin for the fall but we get pecans as well. Making this pecan topped pumpkin spice keto mug cake your best choice for a quick dessert. A new go to low carb snack of mine. I prefer something that doesn’t create a mess in the kitchen with I want a fast sweet treat. This keto mug cake delivers that and brings a remarkable flavor of pumpkin and fall with it as well.
per mug cake
Pecan Pumpkin Spice Keto Mug Cake (Low Carb, Sugar Free, Grain Free)
pumpkin spice mug cake
- 2 tablespoon blanched almond flour (I used this)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut flour (I used this)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener (I used this)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia or liquid monk fruit (I used this)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1.5 teaspoon Swerve brown sugar alternative
pumpkin spice mug cake
- combine almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin spice, salt and granulated sweetener. I personally like to do this in another dish other than my mug
- add egg, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and liquid stevia together
- combine dry and wet then place in microwave for a minute and a half. Center may look under cooked but that is fine. Allow it to sit so that it will firm up and cool down
- melt butter then combine pecan and brown sugar alternative.