Keto chicken broccoli alfredo is one of the best recipes you can make on the keto diet. A creamy alfredo sauce with protein packed chicken and sautéed broccoli.
Weekends on keto don’t have to be left to cheating on the diet. You can quickly see why living the keto lifestyle is easy and tasty.
Keto chicken broccoli alfredo is a great recipe for anyone starting the keto diet. You get to see how flexible things truly are and how tasty the food is with low carbs.
At only net carbs per serving anyone will enjoy this recipe.
Let’s dig into the steps to making the best version and it all starts with the keto alfredo sauce.
How To Make Keto Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
Start with these ingredients
- Keto Alfredo Sauce
- Broccoli Floret (fresh)
- Keto Noodles of choice (options listed below)
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Quick Tips & Tricks Before You Start
- Fresh ingredients is the key to a great keto chicken broccoli alfredo. Broccoli, parsley and making sure you get quality parmesan cheese all make a difference.
- Somethings can be substituted and still turn out amazing such as minced garlic instead of garlic cloves or ground nutmeg over freshly grated.
- The flavor is in the color. Searing the chicken properly and sautéing the broccoli adds a ton of flavor to the dish when you bring it together.
Making the recipe
- To start, you want to cook the chicken and broccoli last. Making the alfredo sauce should be first because in the end everything will come together to be reheated.
- In a small pot on medium high heat add in butter and once the butter is melted toss in minced garlic. Cook until garlic is starting to brown and they are fragrant.
- Then, lower the heat to medium low and add in parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Let these cheeses melt together. Stir on occasion to prevent burning but this will take about 5 minutes to melt.
- Once cheese have melted, slowly pour in heavy cream while stirring. The sauce will start to form. Once everything is together and smooth remove from heat and start seasoning the sauce.
- Season with salt and black pepper first. Add in freshly chopped parsley then finish off with nutmeg to taste.
- To cook chicken, start with thin chicken breast or slice the chicken breast you have into thin strips. Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook on medium high heat in a lightly oiled frying pan. Do not crowd the chicken so that it can sear properly, cook in batches if needed.
- After chicken is done, add fresh broccoli to the same pan but lower the heat to medium. Season broccoli with salt and pepper and cook broccoli to where it has softened but still has a bite to it.
- When broccoli is done. Lower the heat again.
- Add in keto pasta noodles if uses them, the chicken and the alfredo sauce. Stir everything together on a low heat allowing the ingredients to absorb the flavors of the alfredo sauce for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, remove from heat and plate the keto chicken broccoli alfredo. Garnish with black pepper, parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Storing the keto chicken broccoli alfredo
With a fresh ingredients this recipe will only last about 2-3 days. Store in a seal container in the refrigerator. For freezing, only freeze if you use xanthan gum in the recipe. The sauce will freeze fine then but if you don’t the alfredo sauce will separate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What pasta noodles can I use?
Why did my sauce separate when reheating?
This is common. The reason is you didn’t use something to stabilize the liquid. Things like flour and cornstarch aren’t used much on keto which is why I recommend using xanthan gum in the recipe. This will fix that issue with no problem.
Other Keto Alfredo recipes you’ll love
- Keto Alfredo Casserole
- Shrimp Keto Alfredo
- Chicken Alfredo
- Keto Fettuccine Alfredo
- Sausage & Cabbage Alfredo
What to serve with keto chicken broccoli alfredo
Keto Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- 1.5 pound thin skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 ounce cream cheese
- 5 ounces Pamesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum (see notes)
- In a small pot on medium high heat
- Add butter then minced garlic. Once garlic has browned a little lower the heat to medium and add in the parmesan cheese and cream cheese. It will take about 5 minutes to fully melt both cheeses.
- Once melted slowly pour in heavy cream while stirring while pouring and making sure it's coming together with the cheese. The thick pool will begin to thin out and resemble an actual sauce.
- Remove from heat, add in chopped parsley. In a small bowl to the side add in salt, black pepper and xanthan gum. Mix them together. With the bowl in one hand and a whisk in the other pour in the seasoning and quickly whisk it in. Whisk for about 5 seconds. See notes below.
- Lastly, taste for salt and pepper. Grate fresh nutmeg to taste or slowly add in ground nutmeg until desired flavor is reached.
Chicken & Broccoli
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. And add italian seasoning
- In a frying pan on medium/high heat add a little oil then place chicken in. When chicken is done remove from pan and lower heat to medium.
- Add in broccoli florets and season with salt and pepper. Add more oil if pan is dry. Continue cooking until broccoli is softer with a little crunch or to your liking.
- Once broccoli is down lower the heat to medium low and add back in the chicken with the Alfredo sauce and any noodles you plan to use. On a low heat continue stirring to allow the ingredients to absorb the flavors from the sauce before serving, about 5 minutes.
- Plate chicken broccoli alfredo and garnish with freshly cracked black pepper, chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.