Creamy, authentic keto alfredo sauce to top on shrimp, chicken, even beef! Made from scratch with added parsley and parmesan, Romano cheese. Perfect for a cream sauce for any keto dinner recipe!
You’ll Love This Keto Alfredo Sauce
- Made in under 10 minutes.
- Creamy and smooth with fresh herbs.
- Can be topped with any dish not just shrimp or chicken.
How To Make Keto Alfredo Sauce
- Start by melting butter in a medium hot skillet.
- While butter is melting add a tablespoon of pinched garlic. If you don’t have pinched garlic subbing for garlic powder will work but skip ahead and add the powder in last.
- Next, once you have sautéed the garlic a little pour in your heavy cream. Bring to a boil then simmer.
- Add in grated parmesan cheese. I actually use parmesan and romano mixed but one or the other works just fine.
- Chop some fresh parsley or use dried. Fresh is better of course but sometimes we have dried on hand already. If using dried a tablespoon will do because they are small bits. If using fresh chop it up and toss it in to your liking. About two tablespoons is desirable.
- Lastly, salt your sauce. I didn’t add pepper but you are welcome too. Pepper isn’t something you traditionally see in keto alfredo sauce.
- At this point the sauce should have thickened pretty well. If not thick enough continue to simmer or use about an eighth to a fourth teaspoon of xanthan gum to speed your process. Just be mindful less is more.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Non-stick skillet is your best friend here. When making keto sauces you can’t use a roux. So your are reliant upon slowly evaporating the water out of the cream. In a regular pan the sauce will stick rather quickly. So, a non-stick is your best friend in retaining that quality.
- Use fresh herbs! Parsley is traditional but a fresh herb is best. When the herb is dried the flavor just isn’t the same.
- Can you use cream cheese in place of parmesan? Sure you actually can but since the grated cheese is measured differently I’d go for 3-4 ounces for cream cheese instead.
Macros and Nutrition
Nutrition label and facts done via Cronometer. This is a rich keto alfredo sauce and fatty which is why it’s perfect for keto. Especially pairing with a low fat meat such as chicken, shrimp or turkey. A tablespoon isn’t is a full gram of carbs!
Other Recipes You’ll Love!
Keto Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces Pamesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Set pan to medium heat
- Add butter then minced garlic. Once garlic has browned a little pour in heavy cream. Toss in cut parmesan cheese.
- Continue to cook until thickened. If too thin add a little more cheese if too thick add a little more cream until the consistency you want is there.
- Note, if you use the grated parmesan you will have a hard time getting a thicker sauce.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Use fresh parmesan it makes a world of a difference. It thickens the sauce better, more flavorful and melts as it should because it's free of a non-caking agent.
- If using Palmini noodles don't skip the step of adding into a milk based product and letting it soak for a while.
- If using any water based noodles like zucchini do not heat them up in your sauce. The water will leak into your sauce and destroy it. Heat the zoodles in a separate pan or bowl. Then add them into your sauce. Note, there may still be a presence of water from the noodles but you can control it better.