Fall salads are colorful and many classic fall ingredients are packed with health benefits. An ultimate guide to fall salad recipes and ideas.
As the crisp autumn air settles in, our cravings shift from light and refreshing summer salads to heartier and more all inspired dishes. Fall is the perfect time to experiment with flavors that bring warmth and comfort to our plates. That’s why we’ve made a collection of fall salads that are sure to satisfy your seasonal cravings.
From the earthy sweetness of roasted butternut squash to the tangy crunch of fresh apples, these salads are a celebration of the vibrant flavors of fall. Whether you’re in the mood for a protein-packed quinoa and kale salad or a savory blend of roasted vegetables, there’s a recipe here to suit every palate.
Not only do these salads taste amazing, but they also offer a wide range of health benefits. Packed with nutrient-rich ingredients like dark leafy greens, seasonal fruits, and protein sources, they provide a nourishing and satisfying meal that will keep you feeling energized and full throughout the day.
Common Fall Salad Ingredients
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potato
Popular Fall Salad Ideas
- Cranberry Chicken Salad– Cranberry chicken salad is a great way to enhance a classic dish with roasted walnuts and sweet, dried cranberries that everyone will love!
- Sweet Potato Salad– Sweet potato salad is a colorful salad packed with flavor and fiber rich roasted sweet potatoes. It’s easy to put together and a true joy to eat!
- Ham Salad– This ham salad recipe changes great ham into an even better dish. It’s easy to make and you’d be happy you had leftover ham from the holidays!
- Grape Salad-Grape salad is the perfect fruit salad with a dessert-like flavor. Topped with crunchy pecans and brown sugar, anyone who tries this will be blown away!
- Pea Salad– English pea salad is a classic dish with a creamy dressing mixed with fresh veggies, cubed cheese and crispy bacon. A great side dish that’ll you’ll make again and again.
- Egg Salad– A classic recipe that you could never go wrong creating.
- Potato Salad– I’m sharing our secret family potato salad recipe. My mom’s potato salad recipe is hands-down the best potato salad I, or anyone else who’s tried it, has ever eaten!
Fruit & Veggie Salad Recipes For Fall
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad– Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with pecans, bacon, onion, dried cranberries, parmesan cheese and a simple balsamic vinaigrette.
- Apple Salad With Raisins & Walnuts– Whether you serve it as a side dish for your holiday dinner or treat yourself for a healthy lunch, this sweet and savory Apple Salad recipe made with yogurt dressing is such a treat! And it only takes 15 minutes to put together.
- Pomegranate & Pear Salad– The concept came to me as I was improvising a big green salad for Friendsgiving this year. Salads are often overlooked at the holidays, so I set out to make a festive red-and-green showstopper.
Fall Salad Ideas With Healthy Grains
- Kale & Quinoa Salad– Kale quinoa salad is a combo of super foods paired with a ton of flavor from a tasty dressing and other great whole food ingredients.
- Indian Style Oat Salad– A zero-oil chaat recipe! Yes, you heard it right. Check out the super simple oats bhel or the oats chaat recipe with toasted rolled-oats, chickpeas, and veggies mixed with sweet chutney and green chutney! A guilt-free munch!
- Italian Style Rice Salad– Chopped salad with perfectly cooked cold long grain rice mixed with homemade olive oil, lemon, herb and garlic dressing.
Fall Inspired Salad Dressings
- Apple Vinaigrette– Delicious homemade Apple Vinaigrette made simply in a blender. Few simple ingredients come together in a dressing perfect for fall salads.
- Pumpkin Maple Vinaigrette– This vibrantly-hued, throw-it-all-in-a-jar-and-shake, Pumpkin Maple Vinaigrette is delicious drizzled over all kinds of autumn salads.
- Maple Pumpkin Dressing– Maple Pumpkin Salad Dressing is the best autumn salad dressing recipe! Nothing says fall like pumpkin, and a bit of maple adds a rich flavor to it. This homemade salad dressing goes with all of your fall salad ideas, and it’s the perfect kale salad dressing!
- Creamy Maple Dressing– Not salad season, you say? Our creamy maple dressing, with stone-ground mustard and cider vinegar, begs to differ.