Keto deviled eggs topped with crispy bacon for parties, family get togethers or potluck. Get all the flavor of a classic deviled egg recipe with a keto twist!
A deviled egg recipe is so classic in my household growing up. I looked forward for when we had family and friends over because I just loved these babies. I thought something special about the paprika topping. Just to grow up and realize it doesn’t really taste like anything.
Are Eggs Keto
Yes, in fact deviled eggs have always been keto. One of the things I love about keto is many of my favorite things already were keto friendly. There are no carbs in deviled eggs at all, eat away!
How Long To Boil Eggs For Deviled Egg
I’ve been making deviled eggs for sometime now. Being a food blogger I like fast, easy recipes for my actual meals. So, I’ve found that bringing the water to a boil first is needed. Then, add the eggs and cover for 10 minutes. This makes a boiled egg that comes free from the shell easy and the yolk isn’t overcooked.
Are Deviled Eggs Keto
Yes, in fact nothing needs to be changed in this recipe to make it keto. Even using sweet relish the carbs are low enough to enjoy the egg at only 1g net carb per egg. You can even play with the topping from bacon to making them a guacamole style with pico de Gallo in the recipe like my avocado deviled egg version.
Why Are They Called Deviled Eggs
According to Wikipedia, the term “deviled” began being used for food around the 19th century. It was tied to food that were spiced and used with things such as mustard that were stuffed inside the egg area where the yolk once was.
How To Make Keto Deviled Eggs
To start, you need boiled eggs. But, you can buy eggs that are already boiled. In the end, it’s much cheaper to take 10 minutes to boil then peel the egg. But, whatever is easy for you!
Next, once eggs are done slice them down the middle. Remove the yolks and place in a bowl.
Then, add mayo, relish, mustard, salt, pepper and a bit of paprika. Mix everything smoothly.
Lastly, top with bacon bits and serve!
Keto Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- Air Fryer Steak Bites
- Keto Cheesecake Bites
- Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers
Keto Deviled Eggs
- 6 large egg
- 2 tablespoon dill relish ()
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Begin by boiling eggs. For help, instructions are below in the notes to boil eggs for the easiest peeling.
- Cut eggs in half with a sharp knife for a smooth cut. Then, remove all the yolks and toss them into a bowl.
- In the bowl with the egg yolks add in mayo, mustard, dill relish, parika, salt and pepper. Mix everythig until smooth. Taste for flavor. You may want more salt
- Cook 2 slices of bacon then chop them up or buy real bacon bits
- Spoon the filling into each egg then serve.