Avocado deviled eggs are a great alternative to the traditional recipe creating a super creamy textured filling. These tasty, easy to make deviled eggs are a great choice for an appetizer for anyone eating a healthy diet such as keto, paleo, Whole30 or just looking for a better option!
How Long To Boil Eggs For Deviled Egg
I’ve been making deviled eggs for sometime now. Being a food blogger I like fast, easy recipes for my actual meals. So, I’ve found that bringing the water to a boil first is needed. Then, add the eggs and cover for 10 minutes. This makes a boiled egg that comes free from the shell easy and the yolk isn’t overcooked.
Are Deviled Eggs Keto
Yes, in fact nothing needs to be changed in this recipe to make it keto. Even using sweet relish the carbs are low enough to enjoy the egg at only 1g net carb per egg. You can even play with the topping from bacon to making them a guacamole style with pico de Gallo. To add, avocado deviled eggs include avocado which is a major staple in the keto diet.
Why Are They Called Deviled Eggs
According to Wikipedia, the term “deviled” began being used for food around the 19th century. It was tied to food that were spiced and used with things such as mustard that were stuffed inside the egg area where the yolk once was.
How To Make Avocado Deviled Eggs
To start, use the method above to boil the eggs. Crack them and make sure all shell is removed.
Next, cut the egg in half creating 12 servings of the avocado deviled eggs. Now, remove the egg yolks by simply dumping them into a bowl.
Then, add in half an avocado, mayo, mustard, lime or lemon juice, relish, salt and finally pepper for seasoning. Mix everything together as smoothly as possible. I used a spoon but I do say avoid a whisk because it’ll all just get stuck inside.
Lastly, spoon the filling back into the egg and garnish with paprika, pico de Gallo or bacon. Serve to family and friends, bring them to a potluck where you can stay eating healthy and no one will question you.
Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 6 large egg
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tablespoon sweet relish (dill relish if keto)
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Begin by boiling eggs. For help, instructions are below in the notes to boil eggs for the easiest peeling.
- Cut eggs in half with a sharp knife for a smooth cut. Then, remove all the yolks and toss them into a bowl.
- In the bowl with the egg yolks add in half of an avocado, mayo, mustard, lemon or lime juice, sweet relish, salt and pepper. Mix everythig until smooth. It's ok if there are some chunky pieces in there. Taste for flavor. You may want more salt or more lemon or lime juice.
- Spoon the filling into each egg then serve.