Summer keto blueberry cheesecake that’s a sweet, creamy and healthy treat topped with a delicious blueberry sauce. This oven baked cheesecake is sugar free with easy to follow directions to make the best cheesecake on the keto diet!
I think I can say I have mastered baked cheesecakes. I won’t lie and say cheesecake is super easy to make and after of many attempts I have finally nailed it. This keto blueberry cheesecake is nothing short of perfection. A creamy cheesecake that’s rich with a sweet blueberry topping on every slice. I have seen people swirl blueberries but I agree more with The Cheesecake Factory formula. They always top theirs with fruit and I consider them the masters.
How To Make Keto Blueberry Cheesecake
First, bring full fat cream cheese to room temperature along with your eggs as well. From experience everything bakes better when the ingredients are room temperature so don’t skip this step!
While the cream cheese is softening make your almond flour crust. Bake it for 10 minutes then allow it to cool while you’re making the rest of the ingredients. Yes, I recommend you bake the crust first. It creates a hold and a toasted flavor that can’t be compared when you don’t do it.
In a mixing bowl cream together the cream cheese, sour cream and powdered sweetener. When baking keto desserts you can’t over mix typically due to their being no gluten. But, with a cheesecake you can beat too much air in the mix. So follow my instructions to avoid this.
In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs and vanilla extract. With your hand mixer on its lowest setting add eggs into the cheesecake batter and beat just to the point of an even batter. Make sure to scrape the sides and bottom. Make sure batter is even and smooth.
Pour batter on top of crust and tap against counter for bubbles to rise to the top. Be mindful on potential leaks in your springform pan they aren’t perfect.
Place in preheated oven for 40-60 minutes. The 20 minute range is due to oven temperatures varying. Check at 40 minutes not before but what you need to look for is are the edges brown?
A slight jiggle in the middle is fine with brown edges. If the top is completely brown be sure to remove it. This effect creates a nice flavor but taking it that far is pushing the point of burning.
Allow to cool completely. Not almost, but completely cool. Lastly, this is the hardest step. Place the keto blueberry cheesecake in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours or overnight. The refrigerator process finishes the cheesecake fully. I can’t tell you why but there is a clear difference when you skip this step in the creaminess of the cake.
How To Make Blueberry Topping For Cheesecake
The key to the best flavor is cooking the blueberries long enough. At a bare minimum you want the blueberries to simmer at least 3 minutes to really release that flavor. I used this same method in my keto blueberry muffins.
Gather all of your ingredients in a reachable range. This is the safest to prevent sticking when the blueberries start heating and releasing water. The berries will darken at this time as well, continue mixing around the pot. Simmer on a medium heat for 3 minutes add sweetener mix, remove from heat and stir until it thickens. The cooler it gets the thicker the topping will become.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Do I need a water bath? I didn’t use a water bath but it can help if you’re worried. I don’t use that method but I’m not against it. Cover the bottom of the springform pan and place in a shallow pan of warm water while baking. That’s the difference. But, do not open the oven constantly causing the temp to go up and down too drastically.
- When to check the cheesecake for doneness? Start checking at exactly the 40 minute mark. If you see edges starting to brown with a little jiggle it’s either done or almost done so nothing over another 10 minutes. If the entire top is a golden brown pull it out right then.
- Room temperature ingredients only! This makes a difference in any baked dessert but this one it’s more important.
- Powdered sweetener only, my go to is Allumonk it’s very versatile and no aftertaste!
How Many Carbs In Blueberries
Yes, blueberries are keto friendly. Berries are one of the few fruits we can continue to have. An entire cup is only 17g net carbs and that’s a lot of blueberries! There isn’t even half of that in this recipe.
How To Store Keto Cheesecake
Do not leave the cheesecake out after you pull it from the refrigerator. Once you start serving the cheesecake keep it refrigerated. You can even freeze it in a freezer friendly storage container for later. The cheesecake will last 5-7 days in the fridge and 4-6 months in the freezer.
Other Cheesecake Recipes
Keto Blueberry Cheesecake
- 9 inch springform pan
Almond Flour Crust
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 16 ounce full fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon liquid monk fruit
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries (or 200g)
- 3 tablespoon sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
Almond flour crust
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Melt butter then mix it into almond flour and cinnamon
- In the springform pan spread out evenly and pack it down with your hand. Bake for 10 minutes then remove and set to the side.
- In a mixing bowl blend cream cheese, sour cream and sweetener with a hand mixer
- In a seperate bowl lightly whisk eggs, liquid sweetener and vanilla extract
- On a low speed with a hand mixer blend eggs into cheesecake batter just to the point where its evenly combined. Be sure to scrape the sides to make sure there are no lumps
- Pour on top of baked crust and give a light tap on the counter 2 or 3 times for air bubbles to rise to the top. Careful some springform pans may leak.
- Place in oven still at 325°F for 40-60 minutes. Do your first check at 40 minutes due to wide oven ranges this is the safest check point. If edges are brown and middle is slightly jiggly you can pull it out. If the entire top is golden pull it out as well.
- On a oven cooling rack allow it to cool fully. After completely cool cover then place in refriderator for a minumum of 4 hours or overnight. Remove then finally you can serve be sure to place topping before serving.
- Mix sweetener and xanthan gum together. This eliminates any potential lumps that can be caused.
- In a pot, add blueberries on medium heat. Continue mixing around, no need to add water. Blueberries will start to darken, some will burst but they will begin releasing water. Once simmering, allow to simmer for at least 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, add sweetener blend and mix around. Turn off heat once blended in and continue mixing until it gets noticeably thicker. As it sits, the cooler it gets the thicker it will become. You may need to heat it up a little before adding to cheesecake.
- Pay attention to heat. The blueberries shouldnt be boiling out of control during the simmering process.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Do I need a water bath? I didn't use a water bath but it can help if you're worried. I don't use that method but I'm not against it. Cover the bottom of the springform pan and place in a shallow pan of warm water while baking. That's the difference. But, do not open the oven constantly causing the temp to go up and down too drastically.
- When to check the cheesecake for doneness? Start checking at exactly the 40 minute mark. If you see edges starting to brown with a little jiggle it's either done or almost done so nothing over another 10 minutes. If the entire top is a golden brown pull it out right then.
- Room temperature ingredients only! This makes a difference in any baked dessert but this one it's more important.
- Powdered sweetener only, my go to is Allumonk it's very versatile and no aftertaste!