Buffalo chicken meatballs are a delicious, bite sized meatball recipe that can serve as an appetizer or an entire meal. Dressed in a creamy buffalo sauce you can top these off with blue cheese dressing. A great party food or potluck item that everyone can enjoy!
I have been crazy over meatballs for the longest. I have so many with my most recent keto meatball recipe topped with mozzarella cheese. Creating buffalo chicken meatballs I wanted to really dress the meatball in something flavorful. I created a rich creamy buffalo sauce topped over each meatball. Now, imagine dipping in a delicious blue cheese dressing! Your night being made. To add, these can be a meal themselves but they are bite sized and work great as an appetizer, pot luck or a snack food on game day!
What To Serve With Chicken Meatballs
They can be their own meal but something like a lighter salad, rice or just serve them with a side of your favorite raw veggies like celery and crunchy carrots. Meatballs can be served with spaghetti as well but I personally don’t think the spiciness will work well in this recipe. However, just simply dipping in blue cheese or ranch dressing is good for me!
- Ground Chicken
- Buffalo Sauce (I live by Primal Kitchen)
- Spices & Herbs
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
To start, finely chop and mince two celery sticks. Next, in a mixing bowl add ground chicken, minced celery, egg, buffalo sauce, breadcrumbs then all your spices and herbs.
Mix this together well. Then, cover and allow it to sit in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour. You can also do overnight or during the day if you’d like.
Now, form the mix into meatball shapes. I have a meatball maker to make perfect meatballs and I was able to get 20 meatballs from this recipe. Next, heat up a frying pan with a shallow amount of oil in it.
Sear two sides of each meatball. This step can be skipped but for flavor sake why would you? When finished, bake the meatballs for 15 minutes in a preheated oven to finish cooking through.
In the meantime, make the creamy buffalo sauce. You’ll melt butter, then add flour to create a roux. Once roux has starting slowly pour in one cup of milk then add in buffalo sauce. Continue stirring until smooth and combined. Remove from heat and taste for saltiness. Add more if needed but you should be fine.
Lastly, when meatballs are done in oven give them a toss in the buffalo sauce and serve.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Can I bake or air fry, yes you can air fry these buffalo chicken meatballs. As mentioned, you can skip the searing part if you’d like and you can jump straight into baking or air frying. The oven and air fryer should be set to the same temp as listed. A time increase will be needed if you skip searing.
- Spices & herbs, if you notice the spices and herbs I used are ranch seasoning. I feel it’s healthier this way but you can always sub for something such as Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning.
- Top it off, I love the combination of buffalo sauce and creamy dressing. Don’t skip on it! A basic blue cheese or a ranch dressing will always be great!
Meatball Recipes You’ll Love
- Parmesan Turkey Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
- Cheesy Keto Meatballs
- Basil Pesto Chicken Meatballs
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 stalk minced celery
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon buffalo sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- Chop and mince 2 celery sticks
- In a mixing bowl add in ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, buffalo sauce and seasoning mix. Mix well then cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. After, form meatballs. I used a meatball maker and got 20 meatballs out of this recipe. In a frying pan add a shallow amount of oil. Sear two sides of each meatball. Just sear, don't try to cook it through.
- Next, bake meatballs for 15 minutes to finish cooking them through.
- While meatballs are baking make sauce. In a small pot on medium/high heat add in butter and melt to make a roux.
- Sprinkle flour over melted butter and whisk until smooth. Continue to whisk while adding in milk and buffalo sauce. Continue to whisk until evenly combined then remove from heat.
- Once meatballs are done in the oven give them a toss in the sauce then serve.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Can I bake or air fry, yes you can air fry these buffalo chicken meatballs. As mentioned, you can skip the searing part if you'd like and you can jump straight into baking or air frying. The oven and air fryer should be set to the same temp as listed. A time increase will be needed if you skip searing.
- Spices & herbs, if you notice the spices and herbs I used are ranch seasoning. I feel it's healthier this way but you can always sub for something such as Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning.
- Top it off, I love the combination of buffalo sauce and creamy dressing. Don't skip on it! A basic blue cheese or a ranch dressing will always be great!