Pizza stuffed chicken is a dream for people living a healthy lifestyle. It’s naturally low in carbs all while packed with the flavor of super cheesy pizza. Topped with pepperoni and stuffed with bacon and cheese you’ll be shocked at how easy this recipe is to make. Take 10 minutes to prep then place in oven and prepare yourself for the perfect cheese pull!
Recently, I created a homemade pizza sauce and a keto pizza casserole. Why not take it a step further and create pizza stuffed chicken? This recipe was super easy to make. Your longest time with this recipe is when it’s in the oven. So, most of the time cooking you don’t have to touch it. I get my pizza fix these days by Blaze pizza or something I whip together with a cauliflower crust. I save on money making this and I get 4 meals instead of one. Choose your own toppings or use the same ones I did. That’s the beauty in pizza however we decide to make it, it’s great for us all!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Save on money and time when creating this recipe
- Topped with salty pepperoni on top of sautéed chicken seasoned with garlic and herbs
- Stuffed with crispy bacon, crumbled sausage and pulling cheese
How To Make Pizza Stuffed Chicken Breast-Step By Step
- First, start by cooking your bacon and sausage. In the video, you may notice the ingredients weren’t cooked. Ignore that, cook your meat first.
- Next, split your chicken breast with a knife down the side, see video.
- Season the inside and outside of your butterflied chicken breast. Due to the salt content in the bacon, sausage and cheese I didn’t add salt on the inside.
- After seasoning, stuff the chicken with the bacon, sausage and cheese. Then either use toothpicks or butchers knot the chicken closed. See below for butcher knot method.
- Then, sauté chicken in the pan. Give it a great color, then you can remove the butcher knots or toothpick.
- Pour a little pizza sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish. Place chicken in the dish.
- Next, top with pizza sauce, cheese and other topping.
- Place in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool a little then serve.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- How to tie a butcher’s knot? Here is a video explaining it. I love this method when stuffing because everything is secure. Far better than just toothpicks. You need butcher’s twine not just regular yawn. I had a hard time finding it in stores.
- Cook the ingredients you stuff the chicken with. Originally, I used raw ingredients but they didn’t produce the flavor they should have. Cooking the ingredients they stood out far more inside the dish.
- Top the pizza stuffed chicken with what you want but my method is a great guide if you’re not sure what to use.
In such an healthy dish the numbers are just as good. Below is a full nutritional label via Cronometer. This recipe is great for low carb or the keto diet at only 4g net carbs per serving.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 jar pizza sauce (or use my homemade recipe link above)
- 6 ounce shredded cheese
- 4 ounce sausage
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 10-12 slices pepperoni
- 2 tablespoon black olives
- salt to taste
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cook bacon and sausage before stuffing inside chicken
- Take chicken breast and cut them down the middle to split them.
- Season both sides of chicken with seasonings above. I didn't use salt on the inside since stuffing is salty. Only added salt to the outside of the chicken
- Stuff chicken with bacon, sausage and cheese. The use a butcher's knot and secure the insides. Or use toothpicks if you don't have butcher's twine.
- Sauté chicken in a pan then remove twine or toothpicks after. Do not place in oven with twine or toothpicks still on the chicken
- Place a little pizza sauce at the bottom of the casserole dish then top with sauteed chicken
- Then add the toppings and place in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool then serve.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- How to tie a butcher's knot? Here is a video explaining it. I love this method when stuffing because everything is secure. Far better than just toothpicks. You need butcher's twine not just regular yawn. I had a hard time finding it in stores.
- Cook the ingredients you stuff the chicken with. Originally, I used raw ingredients but they didn't produce the flavor they should have. Cooking the ingredients they stood out far more inside the dish.
- Top the pizza stuffed chicken with what you want but my method is a great guide if you're not sure what to use.