A hearty keto vegetable soup loaded with delicious veggies and perfect when looking for a healthy soup recipe. This low carb soup is made in under 30 minutes to have you have the family eating in no time!
I have been going soup crazy. I will list all my new soups below. What changed with this version was a follower asked for a keto vegetable soup with my brand new keto cornbread recipe. A very classic recipe that I had growing up with my grandmother for a little southern comfort.
Can You Eat Vegetable Soup On The Keto Diet
The issue with vegetable soup is the traditional recipe has potatoes in it. Some recipes like to add noodles as well. Of course, you can’t have those things on the keto diet. So, that’s why this recipe is perfect for anyone living a low carb lifestyle.
Can You Freeze Vegetable Soup
Yes, you can freeze this soup. In fact, growing up my grandmother would make this huge pot. She would give some to my mother and we would have it for dinner. With the leftovers she’d always freeze it for later. Reheated it remained fresh and tasted the same as the first day, if not better.
How To Thicken Vegetable Soup
I have seen people blend the soup up. My response to that is just no. Tomato paste is your best friend in this recipe. Traditionally, the starch from the potatoes give the soup a thickness. Without that you’ll end up with a broth. Keto vegetable soup doesn’t have to be this way. A quick addition of tomato paste gives it a nice thickness.
How To Make Keto Vegetable Soup
To start, I suggest sourcing the freshest veggies as possible. You’ll need to dice all the vegetables up listed in the recipe below then proceed to next step.
Now, using a bit of oil about one tablespoon add onion, red bell pepper and celery in a large pot. Sauté them a bit, about three minutes then add in minced garlic.
Next, toss in a can of diced tomatoes and green beans. Using chicken broth pour over the veggies and bring to a very light simmer.
Cover, then allow to cook for 10 minutes before adding cauliflower florets. You will season with salt, white pepper, Italian seasoning and a bay leaf. The salt and pepper will have to adjusted to taste.
Now, after 20 minutes is up add in 2 tablespoons of tomato paste. Turn heat off then mix around and soup will naturally thicken up. Serve, you’ll get about 10 small bowls but it’s hard to gauge how much one person will eat so the nutrition label is a rough estimate.
Keto Soup Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 3 stalk celery
- 1 diced medium red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 can diced tomato (14 ounce can)
- 1.5 cup cut green beans
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon itailan seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt and white pepper
- Dice onion, celery, red bell pepper and chop up the head of cauliflower
- In a large pot add a little oil then sauté onion, celery and bell pepper for about 3 minutes. Then, add minced garlic and sauté another minute after that.
- Next, add in can of diced tomato and cut green beans. Pour in 4 cups of chicken broth. Add in bay leaf and italian seasoning.
- Bring to a slow simmer, cover and cook for 10minutes. After 10 minutes add in chopped cauliflower and cook 10 more minutes.
- Turn off heat and add in tomato paste. Now, use salt and white pepper to taste. I used about 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper but these will vary.