Keto Zuppa Toscana is a Olive Garden favorite now made into a healthy low carb version with all the same flavor. It’s too easy to make for a warm bowl of soup of kale, sausage and cauliflower in a flavor packed creamy broth!
Unless the weather is freezing I don’t consider myself a soup person. Yet, at the time of writing this it’s summer outside. I just can’t put it down. This soup is far quicker than the original because you don’t have to wait for the potatoes to soften. No need for a thickener because the soup is traditionally broth like. It’s perfect!
How Many Carbs Are In A Bowl Of Zuppa Toscana
Traditionally, Olive Garden has potatoes which are very starch heavy and not keto friendly at all. However, in this keto friendly version is only 4g net carbs per serving with all the same flavors. To add, you make it at home so you get an entire pot of soup for your money.
How To Make Keto Zuppa Toscana
To start, dice onions and chop garlic gloves into small pieces. This will help keep things moving smoothly when you start cooking. As mentioned, this recipe cooks much faster than the original due to the lack of potatoes.
In a pot add in Italian sausage and cook sausage until done. Remove from pot leaving the dripping in. Toss in the garlic and diced onion and cook until fragrant. Then, pour chicken broth into pot. Bring to a boil then simmer.
Now, once simmering add in chopped cauliflower, kale and put sausage back in. Continue cooking until cauliflower softens. Pour in heavy cream and simmer for a last 5 minutes then turn off heat. Serve.
How To Store
This soup will last a few days in the refrigerator roughly 3-4 days due to the fresh cauliflower and kale used. But, you can freeze it for up to a few months. I don’t think it’ll last that long once you get your first taste!
Helpful Recipe Tips
- The only tip I can give is to lower the heat before adding in garlic and onion after the sausage. The pot will be hot and that garlic will burn super fast if you don’t allow it to cool a little.
Keto Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Zuppa Toscana
- 16 ounce ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 diced onion
- 5 clove garlic
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower ()
- 1 cup kale
- 1 teaspoon salt (taste before adding salt and make adjustments)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Dice onion, chop garlic, cauliflower and kale
- In a large pot on medium/high add in italian sausage and cook throughly. Remove from pot once done and lower heat to medium.
- Once pot has cooled a little add in onion and galic. Cook until fragrant then add in chicken broth. If garlic is starting to burn stop it by adding in the broth quickly.
- Allow to come to a simmer. Once simmering add in cauliflower, kale and put sausage back in. Cook until cauliflower starts to get tender to your liking.
- Right before cauliflower is just how you want it add in heavy cream keeping pot to a light simmer. Turn off heat when cauliflower is perfect. Allow to cool and serve.
- Note: If you never have had this soup the soup is suppose to resemble a broth not have a thickness such as a bisque.
How To StoreThis soup will last a few days in the refrigerator roughly 3-4 days due to the fresh cauliflower and kale used. But, you can freeze it for up to a few months. I don't think it'll last that long once you get your first taste!
Helpful Recipe Tips
- The only tip I can give is to lower the heat before adding in garlic and onion after the sausage. The pot will be hot and that garlic will burn super fast if you don't allow it to cool a little.