Keto pumpkin bars topped with a sweet cream cheese icing and only 3g net carbs per serving. Made with almond flour, canned pumpkin and all your favorite pumpkin, fall spices in every bite of this keto dessert recipe!
By now everyone that knows me knows my love for keto pumpkin desserts. These keto pumpkin bars hit the spot because they are mainly topped with cream cheese. Cream cheese and pumpkin is like Shaq and Kobe to me. In my keto pumpkin muffins I baked it right in and it still wows me till this day!
Pumpkin On Keto
Pumpkin is a squash and we have tons of fun with squash on keto. According to the USDA a full cup of pumpkin is only 9g net carbs. That makes it more than simple to add it into your diet now. In this recipe a serving is only 3g net carbs as well.
How To Make Keto Pumpkin Bars
Preheat oven and melt butter. Set it to the side so that it can cool before mixing it with your eggs.
Next, mix together all of your dry ingredients. When it comes to the pumpkin spice mix, if you don’t have the individual spices and only “pumpkin spice” itself use 1 TB of it.
Then, grab that melted butter and beat with eggs, vanilla extract and canned pumpkin.
Now, if you want to add anything in like nuts or for the holiday Lily’s has pumpkin spice white chocolate chips now it the time to add them in. I didn’t add anything the cream cheese is enough for me!
Next, while baking whip together your keto cream cheese frosting. Remove the pumpkin bars from the oven when done and allow them to cool completely.
Lastly, once cooled, cover with frosting and serve. For storage, avoid oxidation which makes the dessert dry from air exposure by keeping it covered and only cut what you plan to eat. Due to the icing be sure to refrigerate. This recipe also freezes well in a freezer safe container.
Keto Pumpkin Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Almond Flour Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Bread
- Pecan Pumpkin Mug Cake
- Coconut Flour Pumpkin Pancakes
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
Keto Pumpkin Bars
- 1 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large egg
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Icing
- 6 ounce full fat cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon powdered sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and melt butter
- Combine all dry ingredients. If you don't have the individual pumpkin spice ingredients sub with 1 TB of pumpkin spice.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs with melted butter. Then add in vanilla extract and canned pumpkin.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients together
- Add batter into a lined 8x8 baking pan. Give a shake or few drops so everything is even and leveled into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Ovens do vary so make note and do toothpick test.
- Allow to cool completely before icing. Icing instructions below.
- I was able to cut 9 bars out of an 8x8 baking pan.
Cream Cheese Icing
- Bring butter and cream cheese to room temperature before making.
- Blend all ingredients together in a bowl. Powdered sweetener is used here for it's smaller grains. You can use granulated but it'll have much more of a crunch. Even with powederd they'll be a slight crunch because sweeteners don't melt like sugar does.