Keto pumpkin bars topped with a sweet cream cheese icing and only 3g net carbs per serving. Made with almond flour, canned pumpkin and all your favorite pumpkin, fall spices in every bite of this keto dessert recipe!
Doesn’t it seem exciting to show up on the holidays with a full line of Thanksgiving keto recipes and blow your family away? A keto Thanksgiving dessert such as these keto pumpkin bars are a great choice because they aren’t only easy to make they are mind blowing.
By now everyone that knows me knows my love for keto pumpkin desserts. These keto pumpkin bars hit the spot because they are topped with sweet, tangy taste of cream cheese and a moist texture. Cream cheese and pumpkin are like Shaq and Kobe to me. In my keto pumpkin muffins I baked cream cheese right in and it still wows me till this day!
How To Make Keto Pumpkin Bars
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Keto Sweetener
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Spices (cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves and nutmeg)
- Vanilla Extract
- Canned Pumpkin
- Cream Cheese
Preheat oven and melt butter. Set it to the side so that it can cool before mixing it with your eggs.
Next, mix together all of your dry ingredients. When it comes to the pumpkin spice mix, if you don’t have the individual spices and only “pumpkin pie spice” itself use 1 TB of it.
Then, grab that melted butter and beat with eggs, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree.
Now, if you want to add anything in like nuts or for the holiday Lily’s has pumpkin spice white chocolate chips now it the time to add them in. I didn’t add anything the cream cheese is enough for me!
Pour batter into a 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
Next, while baking whip together your keto cream cheese frosting. Remove the pumpkin bars from the oven when done and allow them to cool completely.
Lastly, once cooled, cover with frosting and serve.
How To Store
If serving for the holiday spread the keto cream cheese frosting across the top. Then, just place the remaining pumpkin bars in an airtight storage container. Now, if you’re just making them for you I would keep the icing in a separate storage container and just top off the bars as I eat them. This makes less of a mess and no worries of the cream cheese getting stuck to the top of a lid.
For storage, avoid oxidation which makes the dessert dry from air exposure by keeping it covered and only cut what you plan to eat. Due to the icing be sure to refrigerate. This recipe also freezes well in a freezer safe container.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Pumpkin On Keto?
Pumpkin is a squash and we have tons of fun with squash on keto. According to the USDA* a full cup of pumpkin is only 8g net carbs in the nutritional information. That makes it more than simple to add it into your diet now. In this recipe a serving is only 3g net carbs as well.
How many carbs are in a pumpkin bar?
Traditional pumpkin bars are loaded with sugar especially the frosting. But, in these low carb pumpkin bars they are only 3g net carbs per serving. You can still enjoy pumpkin flavor without all the sugar, yet still have a sweet keto dessert.
What is pumpkin spice made of?
Pumpkin spice is typically cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves and nutmeg. Each flavor brings a essence to the spice itself. I personally feel the cinnamon and ginger make up the majority of the flavor with the cloves and nutmeg giving the bite at the end.
Great recipes to serve for Thanksgiving dinner
- Cranberry Sauce
- Pumpkin Bread
- Bacon Fried Brussel Sprouts
- No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
Keto Pumpkin Bars
- 1.5 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large egg
- 8 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon powdered sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Icing
- 6 ounce cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and melt butter
- Combine all dry ingredients. If you don't have the individual pumpkin spice ingredients sub with 1 TB of pumpkin spice.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs with melted butter. Then add in vanilla extract and canned pumpkin.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients together
- Add batter into a lined 8×8 baking pan. Give a shake or few drops so everything is even and leveled into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Ovens do vary so make note and do toothpick test.
- Allow to cool completely before icing. Icing instructions below.
- I was able to cut 9 bars out of an 8×8 baking pan.
Cream Cheese Icing
- Bring butter and cream cheese to room temperature before making.
- Blend all ingredients together in a bowl. Powdered sweetener is used here for it's smaller grains. You can use granulated but it'll have much more of a crunch. Even with powederd they'll be a slight crunch because sweeteners don't melt like sugar does.