Roasted brussel sprouts can not only be delicious but are perfect on the keto diet. Loaded brussel sprouts with cheese, onion and bacon this side dish is very feeling and easy to fall in love with. It takes no time in the oven to serving the family!
I truly think brussel sprouts are a veggie you either love or hate. It has an interesting flavor these little heads of cabbages. A great option for a cruciferous vegetable when you love them there are a few ways you just have to eat them. Pan fried or roasted when some fat is added to these bad boys it’s a game changer. I loaded them down with bacon and cheese but roasted them in avocado oil to help that skin get crispy.
Are Brussel Sprouts Keto
Yes, they are totally keto friendly and that’s why this recipe works. Amongst the cruciferous vegetable group according to the USDA they are only 5g net carbs per cup. This makes them awesome on the keto diet and a great way to get some fat in.
How To Make Roasted Brussel Sprouts On Keto
To start, cut the ends off each sprout then split them in half. This can be a little time consuming depending on how many you plan to make.
Next, add them to a mixing bowl. Then, add in a diced shallot, salt, garlic powder, parika and oil. Give this a good toss together.
Now, add to a baking sheet and lay it out. I crowded mine together to keep smaller pieces from burning but lay them out however you’d like.
Then, chop up some bacon to spread across the top. Lastly, sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese across the top. Shredded can be used or any cheese you like as well.
Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Once your keto brussel sprouts get that nice roasted look to them remove them and serve.
How To Trim Brussel Sprouts
If you look at a brussel sprout it looks exactly like a cabbage, just smaller. The area where it was attached to the vine or tree you don’t need. Cut that bottom portion off. You will be left with the clean sprout. You can steam or cook them just like this. In this recipe you’ll want to split them down the middle the long way, see photos.
Keto Recipes You’ll Love
- Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms
- Buffalo Ranch Baked Chicken Tenders
- Parmesan Crusted Steak
- Keto Meatballs
- Taco Keto Soup
Keto Brussel Sprouts
- 16 ounce fresh brussel sprouts ()
- 1 small diced shallot
- 4 strips bacon
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Trim brussel sprouts by cutting the butt/end off then spliting them down the middle the long way. See photos for help.
- In a mixing bowl add brussl sprouts, avocado oil, diced shallot, salt, garlic powder and parprika. Mix everything evenly.
- After mixing lay everything out on your baking sheet. Make sure the layer is even but I crowded them together to keep from burning the smaller, loose pieces.
- Slice up some bacon and sprinkle all over the top, then finish with parmesan cheese across the top of everything.
- Place in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove when sprouts have gotten a golden roasted color.