Keto brussel sprouts are so flavorful and low carb with a few grams with each serving. Oven baked they are so easy to make.
You need a side dish for dinner. There’s only 30 minutes to cook for the family. Great, the dog just peed on the carpet!
Keto brussel sprouts aren’t special because of the vegetable. They are special because of keto and all the amazing things that can be done from introducing fat into your diet.
Below, you’ll see exactly how I do this.
How we whip recipes together is an art. Bringing in the bacon, grated parmesan cheese with hints of garlic with crispy brussel sprouts is no easy task. Yet, no thinking for you. Simple follow the recipe for an amazing side dish for the next meal.
How To Make Brussel Sprouts On Keto
Check these ingredients first
- Fresh Brussel Sprouts (not frozen)
- Shallot (sub with an onion)
- Cooking Oil (Avocado Oil, Olive Oil)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt, Paprika & Garlic Powder
Quick Tips Before Cooking
- The bacon will cook in the oven. Keeping the recipe easy and quick.
- Oil doesn’t matter but avoid butter. You want a fat that can withstand the heat without burning.
- There isn’t any pepper added. The spice will come from the paprika.
Now the preparation and how to bake them
- To start, cut the ends off each sprout then split them in half. This can be a little time consuming depending on how many you plan to make.
- Next, add them to a mixing bowl. Then, add in a diced shallot, salt, garlic powder, parika and oil. Give this a good toss together.
- Now, add to a baking sheet and lay it out. I crowded mine together to keep smaller pieces from burning but lay them out however you’d like.
- Then, chop up raw bacon to spread across the top. Lastly, sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese across the top. Shredded can be used or any cheese you like as well.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes. Once your keto brussel sprouts get that nice roasted look to them remove them and serve.
Leftovers? Store Keto Brussel Sprouts Like This…
Everything taste better fresh but sometimes enough is enough. Storing is simple! A airtight container and these will keep about 3 days in the refrigerator.
However, freezing brussel sprouts will last a few months. The best freezing method is vacuum sealing without a doubt.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Brussel Sprouts Keto
Yes, they are totally keto friendly and that’s why this recipe works. Amongst the cruciferous vegetable group according to the USDA they are only 5g net carbs per cup. This makes them awesome on the keto diet and a great way to get some fat in.
How To Trim Brussel Sprouts
If you look at a brussel sprout it looks exactly like a cabbage, just smaller. The area where it was attached to the vine or tree you don’t need. Cut that bottom portion off. You will be left with the clean sprout. You can steam or cook them just like this. In this recipe you’ll want to split them down the middle the long way, see photos.
What to serve with keto brussel sprouts?My Must Have Thanksgiving Day Recipes
- Must Have Thanksgiving Day Recipes
- Buffalo Ranch Baked Chicken Tenders
- Parmesan Crusted Steak
- Keto Meatballs
Quick & Amazing: How To Make Bacon Keto Brussel Sprouts
- 16 ounce fresh brussel sprouts ()
- 1 small diced shallot
- 4 strips bacon
- 3 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Trim brussel sprouts by cutting the butt/end off then spliting them down the middle the long way. See photos for help.
- In a mixing bowl add brussl sprouts, avocado oil, diced shallot, salt, garlic powder and parprika. Mix everything evenly.
- After mixing lay everything out on your baking sheet. Make sure the layer is even but I crowded them together to keep from burning the smaller, loose pieces.
- Slice up some bacon and sprinkle all over the top, then finish with parmesan cheese across the top of everything.
- Place in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove when sprouts have gotten a golden roasted color.