Pumpkin spiced keto muffins at only 3g net carbs shouldn’t be this addicting. Keto pumpkin muffins are easy to make, share and get your favorite fall flavors during the holidays!
Originally, I didn’t think you wanted cream cheese in your muffins. So, I created my classic recipe here. It was a bit out of date so I revamped things up just for you with the addition of swirling cream cheese into each muffin.
Now, come Thanksgiving season we are looking for recipes all over the place and pumpkin is a huge criteria. The keto desserts are great but to pair with breakfast during the holidays muffins hit the spot. Well, at any point during the year really. You already have what you need so let’s prepare the batter and start baking!
How To Make Keto Pumpkin Muffins
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Keto Sweetener
- Baking Powder
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Cream Cheese
- Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Vanilla Extract
Baking The Pumpkin Muffins
The cream cheese part is different from the actual muffin itself. Below I will add instructions because it very similar to a keto cream cheese frosting recipe. But the pumpkin portion is super easy. Here are the step by step instructions:
- Start by combining all of your dry ingredients.
- Add all your wet ingredients next. But, a little trick I learned was to pat the excess water from the canned pumpkin with a towel. This will help big time in keto baking because gluten free and starch free flours don’t absorb excess water.
- Lastly, combine dry and wet ingredients together. You can use a hand mixer or simply fold them in as I do. I sift my almond flour and other dry ingredients. So, that allows me to fold smoothly.
- After ingredients are combined I will start to pour in silicone muffin cups or paper liners inside a muffin tin or pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Tips on the cream cheese, on average I use about 1/2 teaspoons to 1 of cream cheese in each muffin. Be sure to swirl the cream cheese as much as possible.
- You can skip the cream cheese altogether and follow the recipe without that portion.
- Allow these to cool completely! Almond flour is very fragile when fresh out of the oven and even more with cream cheese swirling through it.
- Create homemade pumpkin spice. This mix contains cinnamon, ginger, ground cloves and nutmeg. If you need a little help I created one in my keto pumpkin cheesecake recipe.
How To Store
This recipe makes 6 keto muffins. In the situation where there may be leftovers store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container or simple a plastic bag. You can store them in the freezer as well. Simply make the muffins, allow them to cool fully then freeze them in a storage container and thaw them before eating.
- Skip the cream cheese
- Add nuts (pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds)
- Without pumpkin puree (recipe)
- Keto Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Keto Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Spice Keto Muffins Swirled With Cream Cheese
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon canned pumpkin (optional but recommended)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia or monk fruit
Maple cream cheese mixture
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia or monk fruit
- Preheat the oven to 325-330ºF
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, pumpkin spice, baking powder and salt together for your dry ingredients
- Note: Before adding canned pumpkin into batter be sure to pat excess water off with a paper towel.
- For your wet, melted butter, eggs, canned pumpkin, and liquid stevia or monk fruit. Mix those together.
- Combine dry and wet, cream cheese instructions below.
- Take 1/2 TB of the pumpkin muffin batter and line the bottoms of your muffins liners. Then take 1 tsp of your cream cheese and place on the top of each. Next, on top of that add 1 TB of pumpkin muffin batter then 1/2-1 tsp of cream cheese batter on top of that. Then using a toothpick give the top portion a swirl.
- If you notice you are alternating the two creating layers. Place in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes checking at the 20 minute mark. Muffins should have risen and toothpick should come out clean.
Cream cheese batter
- Cream room temperature cream cheese with a hand mixer
- add in sour cream then cream the two together