These keto chicken fajitas are made in one skillet and served with actual keto tortillas. Mad with flavors of cumin and chili peppers you’ll have a steaming one pan recipe done in only 30 minutes. Marinated chicken in soft tortillas or lettuce wraps of your choice but all low carb and keto friendly!
Are Chicken Fajitas Keto
Chicken fajitas have always been somewhat keto friendly. The key is removing the rice but cauliflower rice was always a great option. Now, I have a keto friendly tortilla recipe so it was only right to fill them with juicy cuts of chicken and fresh sautéed bell peppers and onions. I love the flavor of cumin and it really stands out when mixed with chili powder, onion and a little heat from cayenne pepper.
How To Make Keto Chicken Fajitas
First, make a marinade for your chicken. I used thin cut chicken breast that way I could get a great sear quickly and the chicken still be juicy in the end. Be sure to save some of the marinade for your bell peppers and onions.
While the chicken is marinating cut all your vegetables up.
Turn on skillet to a medium high heat and sear chicken. No need to add more oil due to the chicken already being in olive oil.
Sear and cook chicken fully then remove from pan. Next, add veggies to the pan and add any remaining marinade on top almond with a little salt and pepper, see measurements below.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Keep it simple! This recipe isn’t difficult, so not much to do for you to mess up. Monitor your heat when cooking around medium high heat. You don’t want to cook things too fast but you want the heat high enough for a good sear of both chicken and veggies.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Chicken Fajitas
- 1 pound thin cut chicken breast
- 3 bell peppers
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 squeezed lime
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- Mix all ingredients of the marinade together then add chicken to it. Place to the side then cut up your bell peppers and onions. Chicken doesn't have to marinate long unless you just want to add more time, it won't hurt anything
- Turn frying pan on medium high heat. Remove chicken from marinade then place directly into pan. Cook chicken on both sides until done.
- Once chicken is done remove from pan and immedietly add bell peppers and onions. Add any remaining marinade and also add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper directly onto veggies
- Continue cooking until veggies have softened and seared. You may need to turn heat up a little due to water releasing from veggies. But, be careful with the heat. Cooking them too fast the vegetables wont soften before searing.
- Remove from heat and serve veggies with each chicken breast. I had 4 total breast in my recipe. See above the recipe for my tortilla recipe!
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Keep it simple! This recipe isn't difficult, so not much to do for you to mess up. Monitor your heat when cooking around medium high heat. You don't want to cook things too fast but you want the heat high enough for a good sear of both chicken and veggies.