These healthy steak fajitas with cilantro lime cauliflower rice are an easy keto recipe. A quick healthy dinner that isn’t just low carb but super tasty!
What steak do you use for fajitas?
Flank steaks for healthy steak fajitas is a great option. It isn’t too fatty yet cooked around medium and cut against the grain these make an awesome steak to use.
How do you fix steak fajitas?
So, steak fajitas are super easy to make. You grab yourself a steak of choice, but I’d suggest flank. Then cook the steak to the doneness you desire leaving the juices in the pan. Grab some bell peppers, and those favorite veggies of your choice and toss in the pan to sautè and soak up some of that flavor and you have your basis for fajitas.
How do you cook the perfect flank steak?
Medium! For those that don’t know anytime you cook steak well done it’s beyond the desired temperature. If that’s what you like that’s fine. Yet, for those that want the most flavorful and tender steaks medium and below is where you wanna go.
Can you buy cauliflower rice?
Of course! In addition this recipe was made with store-bought frozen cauliflower rice. Green Giant brand sells a great one sold at Harris Teeter and Wal-Mart. Anything to make dinner be ready as fast as possible!
What are the benefits of cauliflower rice?
Cauliflower by itself is a cruciferous vegetable. That alone it is packed with a ton of nutrients. I’d rather highlight the flavor and what you can do with it.
Such as in this cilantro lime cauliflower rice you won’t recognize much that it’s cauliflower. Even plain, topped with butter, salt and pepper it’s rather hard to tell a distinction. That’s what makes it so versatile because the flavor is so adaptive. Give cauliflower mac and cheese a try or even cauliflower mash!
This super easy to make healthy steak fajitas recipes is amazing. In addition to the cilantro lime cauliflower rice just makes this fajita bowl unstoppable. I made this recipe in all of 15 minutes due to only having to cook the bell peppers and flank steak.
Healthy Steak Fajitas With Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice (Keto, Low Carb)
- 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 bell pepper (can use red, green and yellow)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
cilantro lime rice
- 2 cup Cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- combine chili powder, salt, ground cumin, garlic powder and cayenne pepper for fajita seasoning then cover flank steak in seasoning
- cut up bell peppers
- heat up skillet to medium high heat. You have a choice to use the olive oil or not. Depends if your pan is subject to sticking but if used understand olive oil will reach its smoking point
- toss in seasoned steak in pan and cook to desired doneness. For medium I browned both sides about 3 minutes each then dropped the heat to medium for 4-5 minutes
- After steak is done leave any juices in the pan. There shouldn't be too many. Here I do recommend the tablespoon of olive oil. Toss in cut up bell peppers and onions if desired
- Cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes depending on level of doneness you desire. I like mine soft with a small crunch.
cilantro lime cauliflower rice
- grab 2 cups of frozen cauliflower rice. You can use the microwave instructions that is what I did. Or can always chop up 2 cups worth of cauliflower then cook it to tenderness
- add chopped cilantro, salt and lime juice then mix. That's it!