This is the most moist keto banana bread you’ll ever try! It’s completely friendly, topped with walnuts full of healthy fats. It’s so delicious and easy to make this will be your go to keto recipe when craving something sweet. And it’s only 3g net carbs per serving! When you have been dying for a keto bread recipe, each loaf is packed with flavor of banana without tasting artificial!
Making bread on keto is very this way or that way. Some love it yet others hate keto bread do to it’s texture. Yet, what I called flavored breads or sweet breads such as pumpkin and keto banana bread are very different. You’re able to still capture those flavors of fruits we love such as ripe bananas.
Banana bread on keto works great as a replacement for breads on holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. Of course, anytime of the year as a side for dinner works just as good. Let’s dive in and I’ll show you exactly why you need this recipes to calm those banana bread cravings when low carb!
How To Make Keto Banana Bread
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Keto Sweetener
- Baking Powder
- Banana Extract
- Vanilla Extract
- Chopped Walnuts
- First, bring eggs to room temperature and pre-heat your oven.
- Next, mix almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together.
- Separate combine all your wet ingredients.
- Combine dry and wet then pour in your loaf pan. Top with walnuts then bake for about 40 minutes or until browned and top has risen.
- Allow to cool then serve.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Be careful with the banana extract. We can’t have banana’s on keto. Even a little bit has many carbs. But, going overboard with the extract will make your keto banana bread taste fake and artificial. There’s enough in the directions for a hint of banana that’s not overpowering.
- Why vanilla and banana extract? The vanilla helps because it brings the vanilla flavor but also helps curve any chemical taste that the banana extract may have with it.
How To Store
Keto banana bread can be frozen for later in an airtight container or vacuum sealed. However, you may want to leave it on the counter instead of the refrigerator but I advise storing the bread in the fridge. This will allow it to last well over a week instead of just 2-3 days on the countertop.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are bananas keto friendly?
Due to the high sugar content and starch bananas are no a OK food for keto. Which is why in this recipe extract is used carefully to give the best banana flavor possible.
Could I add ripe bananas to this recipe?
Yes you could but that will make it more paleo than keto friendly. If you were to use real bananas I’d say just add one or two ripe bananas to the existing recipe.
Can I use chocolate chips instead of walnuts?
Please customize the recipe to your liking. I believe in providing a solid base for any recipe that you are interested in. Chocolate chip banana bread sounds amazing and possible a new recipe!
How many carbs are in homemade banana bread?
Unlike this keto recipe with only 4g net carbs a slice with 7 slices a regular version would be way more than that. They add ripe bananas along with floured sugar which are all carbohydrates.
What to serve with banana bread?
Super Moist Keto Banana Bread
- 9×5 Loaf pan
- Hand mixer
- 1 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon banana extract
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter (swap for almond milk or coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, salt, cinnamon and baking powder
- Beat eggs, liquid stevia or monk fruit, vanilla extract, banana extract with melted butter
- Pour wet into dry and mix until well combined
- Pour in loaf pan and top with walnuts. Batter is thick so it will need to be pressed into the pan. Allow to sit for 20 minutes before baking to enhance flavor.
- Remove, allow to cool completely then serve. Nutrition facts based around 7 slices.
- Place in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes. Ovens vary so start checking at 30 minutes for doneness.
3 thoughts on “Must Try Banana Bread If You’re On Keto”
how much almond milk? you never added the amount in the recipe
I removed the almond milk and used butter instead. This was because the almond milk gave it a soggy-like texture that wasn’t very appealing. However, if you’d like it to be dairy free just swap them out 1:1
This is some delicious keto banana bread. I was skeptical because sometimes, the keto desserts aren’t so good. This though! My husband even loves it and he is picky!! I used HWC instead of the almond milk and it worked great. Love this!! Thank you 🙂