Delicious keto broccoli casserole with a homemade cheese sauce. Topped with cheddar cheese and filled with fresh broccoli. Super easy to make, simply layer it and place in the oven for a healthy dinner recipe in no time!
Super Tasty Keto Broccoli Casserole
- Made with homemade creamy cheese sauce
- Topped with cheddar cheese for a crispy topping.
How To Make A Keto Broccoli Casserole
- Start by making a homemade creamy cheese sauce.
- To cook the sauce and avoid lumps follow steps in order. In a pot add heavy cream and chicken broth. Next, add all of your seasoning. Then, add in cream cheese, chop it up a little rather than tossing a big block in.
- Continue mixing until cream cheese has melted down, remove from heat. On the side mix a tablespoon of oil in the xanthan gum. This prevents clumping and allow the gum to thicken the sauce smoothly.
- Add the oil and whisk until sauce thickens.
- In an 8×8 dish, layer with fresh chopped broccoli. Make sure it’s fresh and not frozen.
- Pour sauce over broccoli and mix in.
- Finally, top with a shredded cheese of choice. Then bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool then serve.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Smooth cream sauce, the key to a smooth sauce is the order you add ingredients into the pot. Not to mention whisking instead of stirring makes a difference. If something goes wrong the sauce and be grainy instead of smooth.
- Use oil to carry xanthan gum, you must use oil to carry the xanthan gum and for it to remain smooth. The small bit of water in butter will cause it to clump resulting in a grainy sauce.
- Use fresh broccoli for this recipe. Frozen broccoli will release water into the casserole and don’t cook the broccoli first . If you do the broccoli will be mushy by the time the casserole is finished.
Macros & Nutrition
Below, you will find the full nutrition breakdown of this keto broccoli casserole. Servings will vary considering it’s a casserole but I base each serving around 3 ounces. Nutrition label done via Cronometer and based around making your own cream sauce instead of canned.
Other Casseroles You’ll Love
Homemade Keto Broccoli Casserole
Delicious keto broccoli casserole with a homemade creamy cheese sauce. Topped with cheddar cheese and filled with fresh broccoli. Super easy to make, simply layer it and place in the oven for a healthy dinner recipe in no time!
- 8x8 Casserole Dish
- 10 ounces fresh broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheese (seperate into 1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Steam broccoli first until tender (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat then set aside.
- In a small pot add heavy cream and cream cheese. Toss in 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and melt down. Then slowly pour in chicken broth. Add seasoning of black pepper and parika and taste test for salt level
- In a casserole dish add steamed broccoli. Mix broccoli and cheese sauce together and spread out evenly in dish. Top with other 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Place in oven for 40 minutes in order to brown cheddar topping. If you get impatient you can turn on the broil to brown the cheese instead but cook a minimum of 20 minutes first.
- With a 8x8 dish you can seperate casserole into 9 squares and that will be one serving.
Homemade Keto Broccoli Casserole
Amount Per Serving (1 serving)
Calories 95.2 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g31%
Trans Fat 0.1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried this recipe?Leave a rating and comment, thank you