Coconut flour pancakes for one for a healthy breakfast recipe. Fluffy pancakes made in under 5 minutes making them really easy to make.
Being single or the only one in the household dieting, meals have to be prepared solo. Coconut flour pancakes for one are perfect for this. With a small amount of batter and quick preparation you can have a keto breakfast recipe hot and ready in no time.
Designed not to be sweet such as my cinnamon pecan pancakes but for someone kicking the sugar craving a little sweetness. Very versatile recipe you can make this completely dairy free if you choose. Not to mention skipping the sugar-free syrup entirely and just eating with butter. The options are endless here!
How to make coconut flour pancakes:
As I said before this recipe is really simple. The biggest complications will come in choosing how you’d like to eat it rather than cooking.
Starting with your dry mixture combine coconut flour, flax meal, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Cinnamon will add a little spice altering the flavor of the coconut and flax meal. Trust me don’t skip on it.
For you wet mix use half and half or a dairy free milk in place with vanilla. Also add in an egg and combine dry and wet.
On a preheated skillet pour pancakes out to desired size. These are a little tricky being they don’t bubble on top like traditional. I personally use best judgement and watch the edges of the pancake. You can notice that the edges aren’t wet looking as the inside of the coconut flour pancake will be.
Helpful recipe tips:
- Dairy free option, you are welcome to use any nut milk such as a unsweetened almond milk. I use half and half but I have tested with several types of milk. The consistency may change slightly but they will always turn out fluffy!
- Sugar free syrups, following me I stand by Lakanto and Choczero. To add following me you receive a 10% off discount at Choczero using coupon code “sugarlesscrystals” only through their site not Amazon.
- Sweeter pancakes, you can take out the 1/2 of teaspoon from the 1.5 teaspoon of flax meal. The replace with 1 teaspoon of a granulated or powdered sweetener of choice.
Nutrition facts for full recipe
Net carb 4g
Coconut Flour Pancakes for One
- 1.5 tablespoon Coconut flour
- 1.5 teaspoon flax meal
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Half and half (or any dairy free milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large Egg
- Preheat skillet or pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients. Coconut flour, flax meal, cinnamon, salt and baking powder
- Combine milk of choice with vanilla and egg
- Combine dry and wet ingredients
- Pour pancakes onto pan or skillet in desired size. See cooking tips below
- Serve with sugar free maple syrup or eat plain