Keto chicken bacon ranch casserole is packed with flavor at only 2g net carbs per serving. Ranch flavor, creamy sauce with sautéed chicken, you need this recipe now!
Out with friends at the bar and here comes the chicken wings. You can smell the buffalo sauce from the steam on the plate the waiter carries in his left hand. You think, why hasn’t her refilled our drinks again?
Ranch dressing is the ultimate compliment in flavor. A keto chicken bacon ranch casserole is nothing short of what the doctor ordered.
A few things, keto casseroles are different. There is no roux, we don’t use flour on keto. Flour with gluten that is. Instead we use cream cheese, tomato paste and other things to naturally give us a thickness in our sauces.
Below, I will show you exactly how to achieve this easily and tastefully.
How To Make Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
Check for these ingredients
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Cream Cheese
- Chicken Broth
- Parmesan Cheese
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Xanthan Gum
Don’t Make These Mistakes (Helpful Recipe Tips)
- Mix your seasonings with xanthan gum. If you don’t the sauce could clump together when added in by itself. It isn’t cornstarch you can’t make a wet slurry. A dry slurry mix with seasonings is perfect.
- What if you don’t have the ranch ingredients? I suggest Penzeys and the keto friendly one by Select Savory Seasonings, in store you come across Hidden Valley ranch that contains maltodextrin and starch. That is only if you don’t want to buy the ranch seasonings seperate.
- The cheeses in the sauce create the thickness. If you want to remove one cheese be sure to add a thickener such as arrowroot, tapioca or xanthan gum.
- Using whole chicken? I chop up the chicken because it’s spread out more throughout the recipe. However, a classic chicken bacon ranch does have whole chicken breast.
This is how to make it…
- First, chop raw chicken breast into chunks. Season the chicken with salt and white pepper. Black pepper is fine if that’s all you have. Heat a frying pan to high heat. Sear the chicken chunks but do not try to cook them through. They only need a little color.
- Now, on medium heat add cream cheese and parmesan cheese into a pot. Melt them both and stir with a whisk.
- Next, slowly pour in chicken stock while stirring to bring the mixture together.
- Grab your ranch seasoning mix to add in then quickly whisk everything together.
- Next, in the baking dish add seared chicken, broccoli then pour in ranch sauce you prepared.
- Top off with shredded cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Lastly, bake 25-30 minutes to bake and melt cheese. Remove then allow to cool. And tell that waiter to fill your water while you wait for the casserole before serving.
How you should store keto chicken bacon ranch casserole
Leftovers will happen with a casserole dish. Storing is done two ways. In the freezer and in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerator, cover baking dish with aluminum foil or separate the casserole into servings then place in an airtight container. The keto chicken bacon ranch casserole will keep 3-4 days. Depending on how fresh your broccoli was.
- Freezer, the best method is vacuum sealing. There are freezer containers that will work. Note, the sauce is cheese based so you may have some separation with you thaw it. Especially if you don’t use a stabilizer like xanthan gum.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use a ranch packet?
Yes, ranch packets such as Hidden Valley contain maltodextrin which works as a starch. Read the label, there are a ton of carbs in just one tablespoon.
How many carbs in a keto bacon ranch casserole?
A serving in this low carb recipe is only 2g net carbs.
What do I eat with keto chicken bacon ranch?
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 9×9 casserole dish
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast ()
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Ranch Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 2 ounce parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
Add In Casserole
- 4-5 ounces broccoli
- 5 strips bacon
- 1/4 cup sharp shredded cheese
- Chop chicken then season. Coat evenly
- Sauté chicken on a high heat to brown. Dont try to cook it all the way through. It will finish cooking in the oven.
- Cook your bacon then chop it up
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- In a pot on a medium heat add cream cheese and parmesan. Allow it to melt and get smooth. With a whisk, slowly pour in chicken broth until everything is smooth and combined. Then, pour in the ranch seasoning and quickly mix everything together. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add chicken first then add bacon and broccoli
- Pour in sauce and mix around evenly. Top with shredded cheese and bacon then bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove then allow to cool.