This buffalo chicken casserole turns buffalo dip into a full meal. Using rice, potatoes or pasta this easy to make cheesy casserole dish can be done in under an hour!
I recently remade my keto buffalo dip and I thought how do I make this more into a meal. Now, I currently have a few carbs in my diet with white rice being one. But, keep reading below and I’ll show you how to replace the rice with potatoes or pasta.
- Chicken: Boneless skinless chicken breast or rotisserie chicken that’s shredded is the best. If you want to know how to make boiled shredded chicken full instructions at the link. Picking up a rotisserie chicken from the store will make the recipe even easier.
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
Pasta, Rice Or Potatoes
Now, in this recipe below the instructions are for using rice. But, here I will explain how to use pasta and potatoes in the buffalo chicken casserole.
Pasta Instructions: Using 3 cups of rotini pasta, boil the pasta as normal to the point where the pasta is soft with a bite. Make the cream sauce as normal but cut the chicken broth down to 1 cup.
Potato Instructions: In a 8×8 baking dish about three potatoes should be enough for filling with the shredded chicken. When in doubt you can always add more. Now, boil the potatoes until tender. When it comes to the cheese sauce cut the chicken broth down to 1/2 cup.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Casserole
To start, boil chicken and shred it or shred rotisserie chicken. Set that aside while you prepare the cream sauce.
In a pot, add cream cheese, sour cream and butter. On a medium heat continue stirring until everything is smooth and together. Next, slowly pour in chicken broth while stirring. Remove from heat at this point.
Then, using my blend of ranch seasoning or using something like Hidden Valley Ranch will work as well. Anyway, season the cream sauce and taste for flavor.
In the casserole dish, add rice, shredded chicken and cream sauce. Mix everything as smooth as possible. Then, cover with shredded cheese and place in oven for 45 minutes with the pan covered. Remove cover and bake for a remaining 20 minutes.
Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- Garlic Butter Chicken
- Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs
Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 8x8 baking dish
- 1 pound shredded chicken breast
- 8 ounce full fat cream cheese
- 8 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheedar cheese
Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Begin by shredding chicken. For those that need help I included full instructions on how to do it. For soemthing super easy just buy a rotisserie chicken and shred it up.
- In a pot add cream cheese, sour cream and butter. Continue stirring until it's smooth. Once smooth slowly pour in chicken broth while mixing.
- Once combined remove from heat. then, add in all ranch seasoning mix and buffalo sauce. Taste for flavor.
- In a casserole dish add uncooked rice and shredded chicken. Next pour sauce on top and mix well throughout.
- Add shredded cheese on top, cover with a lid or foil then bake for 45 minutes. Remove cover then bake a remaning 20 minutes.
- Once done remove and allow to cool a bit before serving.