Air fryer chicken wings in a delicious dry rub giving you full flavor with crispy chicken. Spices and herbs this dry rub seasoning will make your chicken wings taste like never before and without any guilt at all!
A fellow Buffalo Wild Wings fan originally until I started making my own wings at home. A plus they started selling their sauces and dry rubs for a side note. I didn’t need them anymore. I was frying my own wings in beef tallow just like them. That is, until I got an air fryer! That changed the game and it was much easier than hot oil popping on me or dropping a wing back in and it splashing. Garlic parmesan was love but a good dry rub was overdue.
How Long To Cook Chicken Wings In Air Fryer
I have done chicken wings in the air fryer several times and in a few different air fryers. Cook time is always the same. For crispy wings on the dry side, around 25 minutes flipping halfway is ideal. For juicy wings with a little crunch 18-20minutes is great. Don’t stack the wings but you can crowd them side by side.
Do You Put Dry Rub On Wings Before Or After Cooking?
In this recipe add all of your dry rub seasoning before. Now, you could wait until they are done cooking to season as well but I suggest adding before just due to how I prepared them.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
These are the best wings currently made at home and a major highlight of the air fryer.
Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF. I have found that even crowding them just a little results in great tasting, crispy wings. Layer chicken wings after you season them then begin to air fry.
Flip the wings after 12-14 minutes, finish cooking then enjoy. Yes, they are that simple!
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Bake or air fry, take the same methods in the air fryer and apply them to the oven. I added a full description below in the recipe of how to properly bake them to make them extra crispy.
Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
Dry Rub Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F. If baking preheat oven to the same temperature, baking instructions in notes below
- Combine all of the dry rub seasoning above then toss chicken wings and coat evenly.
- Place in preheated air fryer for 24 minutes flipping at the 12 minute mark. Remove and serve
- The dry rub recipe will cover 15-20 chicken wings. You can add a little baking powder for extra crispiness about 1/2 tsp for that amount of wings.