These peppermint keto brownies are perfect for the healthy holiday recipe. They’re sugar-free, grain-free and low carb yet an easy keto snack!
It is entering that time of year again. The pumpkin spice hasn’t quite worn off yet it’s time to bring out the peppermint and gingerbread.
Gingerbread I am all for! Yet peppermint, mint flavored things don’t really excite me. The only memory of anything mint flavored I loved were those little chocolates you get at Olive Garden.
Note to self! Remake those!
But hey! Let me be great!
Peppermint Keto Brownies
I wanted to add actual peppermint pieces of candy to the dish. That didn’t work out too well.
Not being able to find a good sugar-free version I went the next best thing being peppermint extract. Why add sugar to every aspect of life baffles me?
The topping is my recipe for buttercream icing. Sadly, the catch here is it is butter. What that means is if put in the microwave the butter will melt. If you don’t want the brownies completely cold, simply pull them out of the refrigerator beforehand.
I ate them cold just fine. But in my video, due to photos I had them at room temperature.
The cooler they are the more I got the mint flavor. Due to my thinking of mint being cool my brain very well could have been playing tricks on me.
The keto brownie is super chewy due to the beef gelatin powder. Buttercream frosting at the top with chopped cacao butter wafers scattered throughout. Creamy, chewy and crunchy are what the tongue experiences within this easy keto snack. Be sure to add these unto your healthy holiday recipes to make a hit around Christmas!
Macros (Revised Recipe)
per brownie with icing, recipe makes 12 brownies
Net carb 1g
Peppermint Keto Brownies (Low Carb, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free)
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon beef gelatin powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 7 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia or liquid monk fruit
peppermint buttercream icing
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Powdered sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia or liquid monk fruit
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 ounce cacao butter wafers (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Melt butter in microwave and set aside to cool
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, beef gelatin powder, sift cocoa powder, granulated sweetener and salt
- Combine cooled butter with eggs and liquid stevia
- Now combine dry and wet. Spread out in a 9x9 inch baking pan
- Bake for about 15-25 minutes in your pre heated oven. Start checking at 15 minute mark then every 5 minutes after that.
peppermint buttercream icing
- Bring butter and cream cheese up to room temperature for easy mixing
- cream butter and cream cheese together
- add in powdered sweetener, liquid stevia and peppermint extract
- if adding in cacao butter chop those up then add into icing
- After brownies are cool spread on top and serve or stick in the refrigerator to harden for a cooler treat
- I highly advise that you only use dutch process cocoa. When it comes to keto brownies it is the only way I have found to get that true chocolate flavor to come through