Keto jalapeno poppers that are low carb, loaded with seasoned cream cheese and chives with a massive amount of bacon in each bite. This is a perfect appetizer or quit snack during a party or game day that’s full of flavor and only 2g net carbs each!
Are Jalapeños Keto
One of the things you can continue to enjoy on keto are peppers. Most are just fine. Even the little sweet peppers can fit into the keto diet in moderation. According to the USDA, an entire cup of jalapeño are only 3g net carbs. That means you are beyond safe because I don’t know anyone that will sit down and eat a cup of raw jalapeños.
Are There Carbs In Jalapeno Poppers
So, yes and no. Some recipes require breading for a crispiness and bulking. This can be a huge problem because that makes the carbs super high for one little popper. In this recipe, you don’t have to worry because everything about these are made just for you!
- Jalapeño Peppers
- Full Fat Cream Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
That’s it! Simple ingredients put together for maximum flavor.
How To Make Keto Jalapeno Poppers
To start, split and remove the seeds and insides from each jalapeño. Place them to the sides for later. Also, before starting bake or fry up the bacon pieces. After they’re done I recommend you chop them up finer with a knife so they can fit nicely.
Next, in a bowl add in room temperature cream cheese. Then, on top add in salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
Now, chop chives up and shred cheese from a block. If you get pre-shredded cheese it can work but the cheese doesn’t melt as well. Next, toss in chives and shredded cheese and fold it in.
Grab your sliced jalapeño peppers and stuff each with the cream cheese mix. Leave a little room at the top for the the bacon. Sprinkle the bacon across your keto jalapeno poppers.
Lastly, bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven. Allow them to cool a bit when you remove them because the insides are pipping hot.
How To Store
If you feel like you’re going to have some left I suggest freezing the cream cheese and use a fresh jalapeno when you’re ready to make them again. Of course, you can always reheat them but store in a container where it doesn’t smash the poppers so bad.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Shred your own cheese, although you can use shredded cheese the issue is the powder coating on the shredded cheese. This prevents a smooth melt inside the keto jalapeno poppers.
- Remove seeds from the jalapeño peppers because the seeds are where the majority of the spice is. Trust me, just bite one if you want to test. But, a tip for a little extra heat if you’d like you can toss a few into the cream cheese.
Keto Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- 5 whole Jalapeño peppers
- 4 slices chopped bacon
- 8 ounce full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Before starting, you'll need to bring cream cheese to room temperature, chop your chives, shred cheese, cook and chop bacon along with slicing and removing the seeds and insides from the jalapeño peppers.
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, garlic powder,salt and pepper. Give that a good and even mix.
- Then, add in shredded cheese and chives and fold that into the seasoned cream cheese.
- Get the jalapeño peppers from earlier and stuff them leaving a little room for the bacon. Once stuffed top with bacon. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool because the insides will be extremely hot. Garnish with freshly shaved parmesan cheese.