Keto french toast is a recipe most think can’t be done. Replacing french toast for a low carb breakfast can still be easy and delicious. But now I make them something you can dip!
Preparing for my 100th video on YouTube I created a giveaway. In response to my poll, keto french toast won the giveaway.
At first I was worried. How do I pull this off?
So I went in search of a keto bread that could do the job. Queen keto had my solution which is what brings us here today.
Now, I make bomb french toast with sugar. But, sugar free recipes only here so I adapted what I had learned throughout the years. Really, I just needed the bread!
Some of my favorite french toast sticks growing up were the ones in Walmart. The sticks had a covering of cinnamon and sugar on them. Delicious! Just thinking about it I can smell the warm dough heating up with the spice smell of cinnamon. Not to mention the caramelization of the sugar.
Keto French Toast Sticks
I created a brown sugar alternative mix. It’s a mixture of granulated monk fruit, cinnamon and Sukrin brown sugar.
The results on the french toast produced a lovely smell and texture feel in the mouth. I even pulled the bread out of the refrigerator! After cooking the bread kept its structure yet remaining soft enough to cut with your fork.
I was so happy to do this recipe after tasting it. I couldn’t believe that the taste was so similar to the breakfast I remembered. Except the recipe is keto friendly. Man I love this lifestyle!
These keto french toast aren’t as sweet as you’re use to. They give you the french toast aroma, mouth feel and visuals. The sweetness and cinnamon give you a great flavor. I have never had a keto egg loaf but I over hear that’s what people are using these days. Wait until they see these!
Macros can be found on post featuring the bread here
Keto French Toast Sticks (Low Carb, Grain Free)
keto french toast bread recipe
- 50 grams whey protein isolate
- 25 grams psyllium husk
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 120 grams full fat cream cheese
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
french toast egg mixture
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
french toast topping
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar alternartive
- 2 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
keto french toast bread
- bring cream cheese and eggs to room temperature
- preheat oven to 300ºF
- sifting all dry ingredients combine whey protein isolate, psyllium husk, salt and baking powder
- using a whisk combine all dry ingredients
- mash up cream cheese and add one egg at a time. You can continue using the whisk here as well
- add dry and wet together ans whisk until smooth. After combined add you apple cider vinegar
- allow to sit about 5 minutes then pour in a 9x9 baking pan. The batter will seem very shallow but it will rise
- Allow to bake until top browns. The top won't brown until the bread is completely cooked so no worries of undercooking
- After cooled completely cut the corners on all four sides. Then cut into fourths. After you have four square pieces take a bread knife and cut the thin layer of brown from the bottom off
- then cut the four large pieces into your french toast sticks
Keto french toast sticks
- whisk together eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon and vanilla
- get together and mix your brown sugar alternative, granulated sweetener and cinnamon in a small plate for dipping on the side
- put pan on a medium heat. You don't want your egg cooking super fast. You want time for the bread to absorb some of the egg and heat through properly
- dip french toast stick completely in egg mixture and allow as much as possible to drain off
- place in buttered pan on medium heat and cook all four sides. Lightly browning each side
- Immediately after pulling off pan roll french toast around in topping you had set to the side
- It is delicious plain or top with your favorite syrup