Keto bread is a staple for your low carb recipes. A must for low carb sandwiches or toasted bread. Grain free, high in protein and super easy to make!
High Protein Keto Bread
In all honesty, this isn’t my recipe!
In the past I worked with Antya over at Queen Keto. She’s from the UK! And they have been ahead of us over here in the United States for a while now. Last year she had been on lupin flour for a while. I recently just saw it on my Instagram this year.
Before that I could only find one manufacturer available to me that sold it. Now! There are a few which tells me popularity is growing.
A few here may know but I was a YouTuber long before I got into food blogging. It was working with the food bloggers themselves that brought me here. I did Antyas New York cheesecake recipe and I used her cloud bread for my Pizza Hut copycat. Which happen to be two of my most viewed videos!
Man how time flies!
Approaching my 100th video on YouTube it all seems like a blur. But man do I appreciate it.
I can speak on experience that I hate keto breads. On average!
See the thing is most taste like eggs. I understand why it does due to the flours and such. But that doesn’t mean I am suppose to enjoy it due to me understanding.
I understand why Oreos are bad but I still love them. Do you see my dilemma?
This particular bread has a flavor as well. It isn’t eggs though! The flavor that comes through is the cream cheese. It is very subtle but I taste food for a living so I’m a bit more sensitive than most.
A few notes for making this. Make sure you do one egg at a time and your cream cheese is at room temperature. I can’t stress these two enough.
You can grill this bread. Even use it as sandwich bread as well. My main purpose for it is a upcoming recipe. I needed a strong bread that could withstand a little saturation. To be continued…
0.6g carb per slice and makes 20 slices!
High Protein Keto Bread (Grain Free, Low Carb)
- 50 grams whey protein isolate
- 25 grams psyllium husk
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 120 grams full fat cream cheese
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- bring cream cheese and eggs to room temperature
- preheat oven to 300ºF
- sifting all dry ingredients combine whey protein isolate, psyllium husk, salt and baking powder
- using a whisk combine all dry ingredients
- mash up cream cheese and add one egg at a time. You can continue using the whisk here as well
- add dry and wet together ans whisk until smooth. After combined add you apple cider vinegar
- allow to sit about 5 minutes then pour into a small loaf pan
- Allow to bake until top browns. The top won't brown until the bread is completely cooked so no worries of undercooking