Keto cream cheese pancakes that a fluffy with the flavor of cream cheese in every bite. Golden brown, gluten free pancakes topped with sugar free maple syrup with a side of bacon and eggs for a easy healthy breakfast. At only 4g net carbs these pancakes are perfect for your cravings for a low carb pancake recipe when starting keto!
I still enjoy eating pancakes on keto! My star recipe feature cinnamon and pecan but these are my new favorite. They are the fluffiest I’ve ever had and I just love the hint of cream cheese in each bite. Pancake or waffles you don’t have to give up. I use coconut flour for bulking in this recipe in order to give them a stronger foundation. I top with sugar free syrup. My go to brand is Lakanto but I suggest not tasting the syrup alone. Make sure you add it to something and till this day it’s the best syrup I have had on over 5 years on the keto diet.
How To Make Keto Pancakes With Cream Cheese
First, room temperature cream cheese. If you forgot to take it out just stick the package in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes. Then, boom its room temperature. A hand mixer is required here or a blender.
Next, cream the cream cheese then add one egg at a time while beating. Make sure the egg has combined well and the mix is smooth before adding the next. Pour in vanilla extract, mix then set aside.
In a small bowl, add all of your dry ingredients. Coconut flour, granulated sweetener, baking powder and salt or even add a dash of cinnamon for added flavor.
Then, combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth and free of lumps. See tips below, but add to a hot skillet with heat on medium. Flip when you see the edges browning and light bubbling through the center.
Lastly, remove from pan and finish cooking. Top with sugar free syrup, powdered sweetener or even berries of your choice. These keto cream cheese pancakes taste fine plain as well!
Helpful Tips & Tricks
- Batter will thicken over time. I like to have my pan already ready with butter added because the best pancakes will be the ones poured in the first minute after mixing. The batter is still thin enough to pour at this point. As it sits it’ll thicken and you’ll have to spoon the batter onto the pan and spread into a circle. If you own a skillet that’s perfect because you can make the entire recipe quickly.
- Room temperature cream cheese, I can’t stress this enough if your cream cheese is cold you will have a very hard time making this recipe free of lumps.
- Blender or hand mixer? You can use either with this recipe but you will need more than a whisk to beat the eggs and cream cheese together. When you combine your dry and wet ingredients that’s when you need to bring in the whisk. The whisk allows you to move faster and pour at that point.
- Don’t cook on high heat! Keto pancakes are much different they require a longer time to cook so keep the heat around medium and give pancakes time to cook.
What Are Keto Pancakes
Pancakes on the keto diet aren’t anything new. We typically use almond flour, coconut flour and in some cases just eggs such as in a chaffle. Keto cream cheese pancakes and any other keto pancakes use gluten free flours so the texture will be different along with flavor. Some cases you’ll come across recipes that can be very eggy in flavor which isn’t good at all. But, due to the flours being gluten free this is easy to happen and I understand it. I’ve worked hard to avoid an eggy taste in my pancake and waffle recipes.
What Pancake Syrup Is Keto Friendly
Most sugar free pancake syrups are full of sugar or sugar free ones that use maltodextrin which is essentially sugar. As mentioned, I use Lakanto but there is Choczero and Pyrue. I have used them all and I will warn most are going to be water based and thin, with Choczero being the exception. Choczero taste great by itself but loses flavor when added to pancakes or waffles. Lakanto has the best flavor when added to the pancakes and waffles because it holds it’s flavor. But, with a stronger flavor it’s like stevia where you can’t taste it on it’s own. Yet, when mixed it’s great.
Other Pancake Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Cream Cheese Pancakes
- Hand mixer or blender
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl cream your room temp cream cheese. Then add one egg at a time fully blending before adding the next egg. If using a blender add all wet ingredients and blend until it's smooth.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix in, then set aside
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Turn on skillet to medium heat and add butter
- Combine dry and wet and whisk until batter is smooth and free of lumps
- Pour pancakes onto skillet immedietly. Make sure heat isn't too hot these aren't like normal pancakes they need more time to cook through
- Flip after you see the edges browning and light bubbling through the center. Flip, cook and remove.