Bacon wrapped pork chops finished with a keto caramel sauce glaze on top. Savory and sweet meet when you sauté the pork chops, wrap them in bacon, then finished in the oven. Finally top them with a delicious caramel glaze you wouldn’t believe it’s sugar-free!
I was hooked at bacon wrapped! The ease of making these pork chops is super simple. They may take a little time for the bacon to crisp up in the oven, but that’s fine. You brown them in a skillet then finish them in the oven. Then simply go about your business and come back later.
The sweet tasting caramel glaze will top it off after you remove it from the oven. If you are using caramel with sugar make sure you put it back in on broil for a little to help it get sticky. If you are using my keto caramel recipe then don’t stick it back in. Since mines is sugar-free it won’t get sticky it will simply run off the bacon when placed back in. And that’s no good!
Boneless or bone in pork chops
There are advantages to both but I prefer bone in pork chops in every situation.
Advantages of bone in pork chops
- Meat on the bone has more collagen
- More fat and marbling
- The bone protects the moisture in the meat
Advantages of boneless
- Easier to cut and cook
- Cooks more evenly
- Lower in fat
As far as thickness goes that is surely a personal choice. In the photos there a thin cut but thick will work just as fine. I would argue better but thin cut was all I had access to at the time of preparing these.
How to cook bacon wrapped pork chops with a caramel glaze
- Salt and pepper your pork chops then heat a skillet to medium/high heat.
- Use olive oil for cooking or oil of choice then brown the pork chops each side. Just to add color. You will place these in the oven with the bacon so don’t cook them all the way on the stove-top.
- Using toothpicks to hold, wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each pork chop. Depending on size one piece may be enough. Place in the oven at 400ºF for about 30-40 minutes or until bacon has browned.
- If you are using a keto caramel sauce once you pull them out add caramel and don’t put them back in. But if you are using caramel with sugar place back in on broil after you add caramel to give a sticky glaze for about 5 minutes.
It’s a very simple and straight forward recipe. Following these step by step instructions I don’t see any issues you’d have. Feel free to leave questions and comments below. Or to reach me quicker message me on Instagram.
Bacon wrapped pork chops keto approved
In conclusion, I will list the nutrition facts below via Cronometer. Bacon wrapped pork chops are great for keto. Pork chops are sometimes low in fat depending on the cut but the addition of bacon alters that completely. I have a few different versions of these in mind. Some that don’t have a sweet edge to them because I love savory without the sweetness as well.
per bone in thin pork chop with 2 slices of bacon and caramel sauce spread evenly
How to make keto caramel sauce/glaze
I listed full ingredients on how to create the sauce but here is a link to the actual recipe. To add, below is the live video of me making the sauce as well!
Other keto dinner ideas you may love
Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops With Keto Caramel Glaze
bacon wrapped pork chops
- 5 bone-in pork chops
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper (1/2 if using fine)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking)
keto caramel sauce
- 6 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated allulose
- salt and pepper your pork chops and heat a skillet to medium to high heat
- use olive oil for cooking then brown the pork chops each side. Just to add color. You will place these in the oven with the bacon so don't cook them all the way on the stove-top
- After pork chops are colored place them to the side and get your bacon
- Using toothpicks to hold, wrap 2 pieces of bacon around each pork chop. Place in the oven at 400 F for about 30-40 minutes or until bacon has browned
- If you are using a keto caramel sauce once you put them out add caramel and don't put them back in. But if you are using caramel with sugar place back in on broil after you add caramel to give a sticky glaze.