Air fryer stuffed peppers is a family favorite. The taste of sweet bell peppers roasted in the air fryer stuffed with delicious meats. Ready in under 15 minutes the air fryer cooks them super fast and produces a crisp soften pepper in the end. Great for summer months or anytime you want a great healthy dinner option!
When I am looking for something fast and delicious me and my girlfriend quickly whip a stuffed peppers recipe together. We like to keep things healthy always and keto most times so bell peppers with their sweet touch are tasty and surprisingly filling. What I didn’t know is I could cut the recipe down in half the time simply using the air fryer.
Should You Cook Meat Before Stuffing Peppers
Yes, these peppers cook in under 15 minutes. With the meat pack inside that is no where near the time needed to have you meat cooked throughly to a safe temperature. So, always cook your meat prior and then stuff into a raw bell pepper.
How Do You Keep Stuffed Bell Peppers From Getting Soggy
The truth is vegetables are very water heavy. Yet, I haven’t had this problem. Cooking at a high temp will avoid this. The slower the pepper cooks the more water that’s release. You also want to watch your cooking time because you don’t want to wither the peppers to nothing. Maintain a little of that natural crunch the pepper has.
How To Make Stuffed Peppers In The Air Fryer
First, wash the outsides and cut the tops off the bell peppers. Remove the stem and seeds from the inside. Set aside and begin cooking the stuffing for the peppers.
Next, cook ground beef or ground turkey. Add in diced tomatoes,, shallot, marinara sauce and season with salt and pepper. Once finished cooking spoon into bell peppers.
In this recipe, I used fresh mozzarella and shredded. In the photos you can see the difference. The fresh looks creamy, melty and the flavor didn’t stand a chance compared between the two. Shredded cheese has a non-caking agent that keeps it from melting the same.
Finally, place in the air fryer and finish off to melt the cheese then serve.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Pay attention to the bell peppers you choose. Try to get bell peppers that aren’t super tall. Also, make sure they can stand straight up to keep them from falling over.
- Don’t add cheese until the final minutes. The heating element is at the top so imagine the cheese will melt super fast from basically being broiled.
Recipes You’ll Love
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound ground beef (sub with turkey)
- 1 diced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- In a pot start browning ground beef
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add in diced shallot, diced tomato then pour in marinara sauce
- Continue cooking until meat is cooked throughly through. Remove from heat when done
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F
- Cut the tops off of bell peppes and remove stem and seeds from the inside
- Spoon ground beef into bell peppers to the top leaving a little room for cheese
- Place in air fryer for 7 minutes. Then remove and add cheese for a remaing 3. But keep an eye on cheese if the bell peppers are close to the heating element in the air fryer
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Pay attention to the bell peppers you choose. Try to get bell peppers that aren't super tall. Also, make sure they can stand straight up to keep them from falling over.
- Don't add cheese until the final minutes. The heating element is at the top so imagine the cheese will melt super fast from basically being broiled.