My sugar free whipped cream of choice was always Cool Whip. Now, living a low carb lifestyle the previous wouldn’t do. Unlike Cool Whip this copycat is completely keto friendly and sugar free. The perfect dip for fruits or eating spoonfuls at a time, this sugar free whipped cream is a must!
Nothing like a light, non filling snack. At times we want to snack, but something heavy or that slows my down is very undesirable. Let’s say fruits are natures candy. And natures candy and Cool Whip were like the brown, golden, and red leaves during the fall.
By all means imagine a lemon blueberry cake with a sugar free whipped cream on top? Sounds pretty amazing to me! Truthfully, whipped cream is one of the most versatile snacks you can come by. Kinda like bacon!
Not to mention so good you can eat it guilt free by the spoonful.
Sugar Free Whipped Cream
Inspiration came from peach flavored whipped cream from a previous recipe. I felt the need to head back into the kitchen and refine the product.
Then it hit me! Why just do a regular whipped cream, why not a Cool Whip copycat?
Who doesn’t love that? And now being sugar free, we no longer have the option for Cool Whip. I never knew they filled that creamy goodness with so many bad ingredients. Something that good had to be bad right? Wrong!
True, the product sold in stores has all types of crap in it. But, this at home sugar free version you know exactly what’s in there.
Heavy whipping cream and almond milk are combined in order for the creamy taste. I struggled a little due to not having enough milk in the picture. Gelatin can be a big help for freezing and overnight storage. With almond milk and heavy cream, stabilizers are a must.
Funny, vanilla wasn’t a component of Cool Whip. I suppose with experience in tasting things you start to learn what flavors produce what notes in recipes. That was rather exciting to me that I recognized that. Two points to Gryffindor!
I’m such a nerd!
During spring, keeping snacks light is the key. Do you really want something heavy during the hot weather? Right! That’s why this sugar free whipped cream is the perfect option. Can even share with a few people. That is if you want to.
Net carb 1g
Sugar Free Whipped Cream (Keto, Low Carb)
- If you plan to save some for later, bloom 1/2 teaspoon of gelatin in 2 tablespoons of water. Allow to sit 5-10 minutes until fully bloomed
- If grinding your own powdered sweetener, do this now.
- combine coconut oil and xanthan gum
- place gelatin in microwave for about 5 sec to melt. So that it will mix together with creams.
- Combine heavy cream and unsweetened almond milk together. Along with adding your powdered sweetener.
- During mixing add in xanthan gum and coconut oil. Add gelatin if you plan to store any extras.
- Mix until smooth, Avoid over mixing. A sign is it will start to clump together versus being a smooth creamy texture,
Net carb 1g