Strawberry chicken salad is a great combination of freshness with protein packed chicken, it’s filling and tossed in a tasty dressing.
Spring is in the air, and what better way to welcome the season than with a refreshing and delicious strawberry chicken salad? Packed with vibrant flavors and wholesome ingredients, this salad is the perfect addition to your springtime menu.
Imagine juicy strawberries, tender grilled chicken, and crisp greens tossed together in a tangy vinaigrette. It’s a delightful combination that will leave your taste buds begging for more. And the best part? It’s incredibly easy to make!
Whether you’re hosting a picnic in the park or simply want a light and satisfying meal, this strawberry chicken salad is sure to impress. It’s a beautiful medley of colors, textures, and flavors that will have everyone asking for the recipe.
So, grab those fresh strawberries and get ready to whip up the perfect springtime salad. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of creativity, you’ll have a dish that’s as delicious as it is Instagram-worthy. Get ready to indulge in the sweetness of spring with this irresistible strawberry chicken salad.
How To Make Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Romaine lettuce
- Dried cranberries
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Poppy seeds
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Granulated sugar
Making the strawberry chicken salad recipe
- To start, prep all of the ingredients. There is a low of slicing and dicing but the recipe is very easy.
- Now, add all the ingredients for the dressing and blend until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl, add in all the ingredients for the salad minus the pecans and dried cranberries. Without the dressing they tend to sink to the bottom quicker but this isn’t a hard rule.
- Then, toss the salad with the dressing from earlier until everything is coated. Now, toss in the pecans and dried cranberries.
- Lastly, add salt and black pepper to taste before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I make this salad ahead?
Yes, there are no issues making this salad ahead of time. But, you’ll need to toss it before serving because the heavy ingredients will sink to the bottom.
Can I use any chicken for this recipe?
The chicken is not the star of the show but you also don’t want bland chicken either. Buying pre-cooked chicken from the store or rotisserie chicken is a great option. It’ll keep it the salad easy to make. If you cook your own chicken sear it or grill it to make sure there is some flavor with the chicken.
New salad recipes to try for the summer
Strawberry Chicken Salad
- 2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 medium red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 8-16 ounce cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard