Keto zucchini fries breaded with a seasoned almond flour and parmesan cheese coating and baked in the oven or placed in the air fryer. You can even make them crispy by using pork rinds!
Making zucchini fries keto were super easy and delicious. Although, they don’t come out crispy unless using pork rinds any way of making them taste delicious. I have tested the air fryer and the oven with this recipe. I will say the air fryer will produce a firmer fry due to the air being able to circulate under them. That is, unless you use a oven rack while baking.
Is Zucchini Keto Friendly
Yes! zucchini is keto friendly. Squash is naturally low carb and great for the keto diet. Unlike the classic restaurant zucchini fries that are battered with flour you can enjoy these with no worries at all.
Dipping Sauce For Zucchini Fries
How To Cut Zucchini Fries
As you seen in the photos mine are short and fat. However, the thinner the fry the less moisture it can have. Meaning, the crispier it can get. In the notes below I will include tips into helping make them crispy but starting out with a great cut is the first step. Slice off the ends the short way. Then, slice into strips the long way. To achieve the look in the photos slice the the middle the short way first. Then, cut into short strips.
How To Make Keto Zucchini Fries
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Can I use coconut flour, simply put due to the nature of coconut flour that is not something you’d want to use in this recipe. It doesn’t work 1:1 at all with any ingredient.
- Pat dry, don’t skip this step because zucchini is a high water content squash. After cutting just remember to lay them out and pat them out with a towel.
- Flash fry after baking, this will ensure a fresh crispy crust if it’s not crispy enough coming out the oven. A quick broil can also work when using the oven.
Keto Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Zucchini Fries
- 1 whole zucchini
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (sub for pork rinds)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesa cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Cut zucchini into fries
- In one bowl beat 2 eggs for mixing. Add a little milk into the wash if you'd like.
- In another bowl add almond flour and grated parmesan cheese with all the seasoning. Then add in 2 TB of melted butter and mix in. That is only if using almond flour, you dont have use butter if using pork rinds.
- Preheat the air fryer or oven to 400°F
- Place fries into egg wash. Then place fries in a even layer and sprinkle the breading across the top. Flip then repeat.
- For air fryer, layer in air fryer and don't crowd the fries. Spray with oil then bake for 7-10 minutes, checking at 7 minutes for browing. Fries are done when breading is golden and brown
- For oven, place fries spread out evenly on a baking sheet or oven wire rack, don't crowd. Then bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Can I use coconut flour, simply put due to the nature of coconut flour that is not something you'd want to use in this recipe. It doesn't work 1:1 at all with any ingredient.
- Pat dry, don't skip this step because zucchini is a high water content squash. After cutting just remember to lay them out and pat them out with a towel.
- Flash fry after baking, this will ensure a fresh crispy crust if it's not crispy enough coming out the oven. A quick broil can also work when using the oven.