This keto deep dish pizza is made for the individual. Giving you keto pizza in the palm of your hand that’s grain free, and completely low carb.
Have you ever been to Chicago? Great! You can tell me about it over pizza.
So, Chicago is known for their deep dish, New York is home of the hand tossed, thin crust pie. I was born in New York. Naturally my parents are from there and their families resided there. So, I took quite a few visits growing up.
I don’t blame New York for making pizza one of my favorite dishes. I blame the cheese and carbs. Almost everyone loves pizza and everyone isn’t from New York. Catch my drift?
Every time I go to Brooklyn I have to visit Tony’s on Utica Ave. But, sadly know I have been avoiding the bread. So what do I have now? Keto pizza of course!
The wonderful thing about keto is there is a replacement for everything. Now, allow me to be the first to say some things simply don’t cut it. I am still just not a fan of cookies. Fatsnax is the only brand I eat if I did choose to.
Keto Deep Dish Pizza
The idea sprung from me being greedy. Every pizza I eat I feel if I don’t eat the entire thing I didn’t do it justice. I came to the conclusion maybe I needed a personal pan type pizza. But, I still wanted my fixings. The best way I assumed to do that would be the legendary Chicago deep dish.
Loaded with mozzarella cheese, a special pepperoni, bacon, sausage, and topped with marinara sauce. I like meat as much as Ron from Parks and Rec. You are welcome to customize as you want, and I expect most people to do just that.
Pizza is sort of a universal language. You like beef? What! I like supreme!
And guess what?
We can get it half and half and we all enjoy. Man! Gotta love pizza!
I have to be honest, this keto deep dish pizza is everything you expect it to be. It is pizza, you can’t really mess that up. Normally a bad pizza consist of a awful cardboard crust. With this personal you will be using fathead dough. Now, the fill ins are on you. Most low carb pizza sauce is very good. The mainstream people tend to use sugar to cover the trashy taste. So, my conclusion the ones that don’t promote their product as sugar free, tend to focus on actual flavor. If you guys remember from a previous YouTube video, I hate sweet pizza sauce.
per each individual pizza without fill ins, makes 4 plus some dough will be discarded. Numbers are simple estimates done via My Fitness Pal
Net carb 4g
Keto Deep Dish Pizza Personals (Low Carb, Grain Free)
Pizza Fill ins
- varies shredded mozzarella (about 1 tablespoon)
- Pizza in a bag pepperoni (1-2 slices tornI used this)
- crumbled bacon pieces (about 1 tablespoon)
- crumbled sausage (about 1 tablespoon)
- sugar free pizza sauce (about 2 tablespoon)
- combine almond flour, coconut flour, and xanthan gum then mix the 3
- Add a beat egg and mix, will form a lumpy consistency
- pour mozzarella on top in a pan on low heat, low enough just to melt the cheese while you stir until cheese is melted. As in video
- Roll out dough and if using a pan similar to mine use the bottom as a reference then cut out strips for the sides
- It worked well for me to press in the sides first then add in bottom part of the deep dish pizzas
- press dough together to prevent any leaking through sides or bottoms
- Add your fill ins , cheese goes first then meat or vegetable and topped off with the pizza sauce
- bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes looking for browning around the edges
- If using a pan like mine, I had to pull out of oven and use a knife to peek at the sides. After the sides browned I let them cool a bit. Then I removed them from the pan and placed on a cookie sheet and put back in the oven to get a even browning around the crust