Make keto cheese chips right at home in under 10 minutes for half the cost of store bought brands. These crispy chips are easy to make with only one ingredient, baked cheese! Season them for a special kick or keep them plain yet packed with flavor and dip them in your favorite dressing or keto approved dip!
Finding a chip on keto is easier than ever in stores. The best by far are Fatsnax crackers but that’s neither here nor there. Cheese chips pre-date keto crackers by years. We had moon cheeses then Whisps stormed Wal-Mart and the game began to change. The thing about keto cheese chips are they are just well, cheese. Nothing hard that you can’t make at home yourself. With times being the way they are saving a dollar doesn’t sound too bad at all. You can do it at a fraction of the cost, have them fresh and change up the recipe to your liking. Leggo!
What Chips Are Keto Friendly
There are a few options between these few brands if you choose to buy over making your own:
I am going to cut the list short just because these are honestly the best of the best that I have tried and reviewed!
Is Shredded Cheese Keto Friendly
In this recipe I shred my own cheese. But, if pressed on time shredded cheese is a great option. Shredded cheese is keto friendly! The difference is the caking agent used in shredded cheese versus the kind you shred yourself. In a recipe like this it’s best to shred your own because the caking agent effects how it melts.
Seasonings & Flavor Variations
- Ranch (used in photos)
- Powdered Cheese (Dorito style)
- Dry seasonings from Buffalo Wild Wings
- Taco Seasoning
- Garlic Parmesan (garlic powder and grated parmesan cheese)
How To Make Keto Cheese Chips
First, shred your cheese. It doesn’t matter if it’s a thick shred or fine. Or, tear open a bag of store bought shredded cheese.
Measure out a half of a cup for a single serving.
Preheat oven then on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Do not use aluminum foil unless it’s non-stick!
Make room for each chip to spread. About an inch apart.
Bake for 5-8 minutes watching them because the cheese will burn fast. You want the edges slightly dark. This is how you know they will finish off crispy after they leave the oven.
Remove, pat the excess fat from the top and transfer to a paper towel where the excess fat can continue to drain. While still hot any seasoning you want to add do it now while they are cooling. If you do it when they have cooled completely the seasoning will fall off. Serve.
Keto Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Cheese Chips
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Shred cheese and on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper use about a tablespoon of cheese for each chip. Do not use aluminum foil that isn't non-stick if you skip the parchment paper. The pan "must" be lined with something
- Bake for 5-8 minutes. Keeping an eye on the pan every minutes after 5 minutes. Cheese can burn quickly.
- Look for good browning around the edges of the crisp. This will ensure they will turn crispy after cooling. Do not brown the entire chip. See photos for a reference.
- Once removed from oven dap excess fat from the top of the chip.
- If using a seasoning do it now. While the chips are still hot so that the seasoning can stick.
- Use a spatula to transfer chips to a paper towel where they can drain properly. If they crinkle a little that's fine just straighten them back out while removing from spatula. Allow to cool fully and they will harden naturally. Serve.