Keto cauliflower hash browns that taste just like actual potatoes. Hints of salt, white pepper and cheese these are great for a keto breakfast recipe!
Nothing like running late for work and stopping by McDonald’s and grabbing a biscuit with a side of hash browns. Those days had been over for a long time. Or so I thought?
These keto cauliflower hash browns were designed to be just as easy to make happen. To add almost as tasty. They aren’t friend in oil as the latter. Simply sautéed to a crispiness which is something special all in itself.
I see some cauliflower hash browns with their own flavoring. Leaving the traditional taste for something more custom. Which is a great idea but sometimes simple is beautiful. Simple is just enough to get the job done. Also, simple is quick and more likely for me to do it!
How to make keto cauliflower hash browns:
This recipe was designed to be super easy. First, you can simply toss frozen cauliflower rice into the microwave. It’s perfectly easy to rice your own cauliflower hash browns by simply tossing a head of cauliflower in a food processor.
For the ones who want an easy keto recipe using the bag in the microwave is perfect. Be sure to test the cauliflower for the softness you want. If you want more of a crunch don’t microwave too long. A tip the cauliflower won’t cook much more in fry pan due quick cooking.
Season your keto cauliflower hash browns with the salt, coarse black pepper, white pepper and smoked paprika. If you don’t have smoked and regular is lying around use that. No need to buy a bunch of extra ingredients. Although after one try I am positive you will make this a few more times.
In the fry pan on medium to high heat take a heaping spoon of the cauliflower hash brown mix and place in pan with olive oil. Be mindful not to have to pan too hot. You don’t want to oxidize the oil and have the hash browns cook too fast. After about 2 minutes attempt flipping them over. Spatula should slide under easy if they have turned golden. The side down will be crispy enough to hold half the hash brown together.
Cook the other side for 2-3 minutes and allow to cool then serve.
Helpful recipe tips:
- Make sure there is a sizzle when placing down the hash browns. If the oil or pan isn’t hot enough the cauliflower has browns will brown but they won’t get crispy edges. But don’t make too hot or they will brown too quickly and fall apart.
- This recipes is designed to be light enough in flavor to accent sugar-free ketchup perfectly.
- If you’d like to add a cheddar cheese or a sharp cheese that will work just fine for more flavor.
per cauliflower hash brown, recipe makes 7
Net carb 1g
Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns (Grain Free, Low Carb)
- 10-12 ounces frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon White pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 large Eggs
- Making this recipe easy as possible take a bag of frozen cauliflower rice and microwave it to soften the cauliflower up
- add all ingredients except eggs and then mix
- after everything else is combined mix in eggs
- In a skillet add olive oil on a medium high heat. Using a heaped tablespoon scoop cauliflower into pan. Allow about 2 minutes to each side or until golden brown. Allow to rest a little then eat.
Helpful recipe tips:
- Make sure there is a sizzle when placing down the hash browns. If the oil or pan isn't hot enough the cauliflower has browns will brown but they won't get crispy edges. But don't make too hot or they will brown too quickly and fall apart.
- This recipes is designed to be light enough in flavor to accent sugar free ketchup perfectly.
- If you'd like to add a cheddar cheese or a sharp cheese that will work just fine for more flavor.
2 thoughts on “Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns (Grain Free, Low Carb)”
Has anyone tried freezing these for quick work morning breakfast?
I’m not sure. I actually never thought of that idea. Thanks!