Keto biscuits and gravy are southern comfort food at its best but healthy. Still, enjoy a hearty gravy with a fluffy buttermilk biscuit. The biscuits are made with almond flour and only 2g net carbs a piece. Making them not only keto friendly but low carb and gluten free as well!
The Best Biscuits And Gravy For Keto
- Fluffy buttermilk biscuit that’s only 2g net carbs
- Hearty gravy that’s thick and creamy with a peppery taste
- Perfect for a healthy breakfast that the family won’t know the difference
How To Make Keto Biscuits And Gravy-Step By Step
- First, you may say which do I cook first? My keto sausage gravy doesn’t take much time so the best option is to bake your biscuits first. Then, with the last 10 minutes left on your bake begin making your gravy.
- Making the buttermilk biscuits are super easy. Follow the recipe for your keto biscuits here.
- While baking your biscuits being the process of making the sausage gravy.
- Next, after your biscuits are done they’ll need to sit for a little while. Which means you have perfect timing now to finish up your sausage gravy and it to cool a little.
- Finally, split your biscuit and top with half of the sausage gravy. If too much use less or add another biscuit.
Keto Cheddar Biscuits
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- After mixing dry ingredients simply crack eggs and for buttermilk right into the dry ingredients.
- Now, you have formed that together so pour your cheese in them mix that in too
- Shape your keto cheddar biscuits this recipe will give you 11-12 biscuits.
Keto Sausage Gravy
- First, you want to start with a pan on medium high heat. Pan should be hot enough to render the fat but not so hot it begins to burn the sausage.
- Next, toss in onions. If there isn’t much fat in pan add a little oil.
- Pour in chicken broth and lower heat to simmer. Then, immediately add in heavy cream.
- Next, make sure that the sausage gravy isn’t bubbling hot or boiling. Pour in arrowroot and water mixture then follow behind with xanthan gum.
- Continue stirring to give everything time to for through and thicken the sauce. Serve!
Below is a full nutritional label via Cronometer. This is a full breakfast recipe totaling only 7g net carbs in all. Facts feature biscuit and serving of gravy.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Keto Sausage Gravy
Believe it or not sausage gravy on keto is doable! It's creamy and peppery just like you remember. Super hearty and filled with delicious sausage that goes great with any meat. Maybe even pair it with the classic keto biscuit for a tasty breakfast!
- 4 ounces sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch/flour (mix in 2TB water)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Chop onion, mix water into arrowroot starch and break apart sausage
- begin cooking sausge on medium to high heat. Brown each side don't cook through. If fat isn't rendering add in olive oil.
- Toss in onion after sausage has browned
- Pour in bone broth, reduce to simmer then pour in heavy cream
- Add in salt and pepper
- Continue cooking until sausage is done and onions have softened. Turn off heat.
- Make sure gravy isn't boiling over and pour in arrowroot water mix
- Mix around then sprinkle xanthan gum across the top. Continue mixing until sauce is thick. Sauce should thicken pretty quickly but give it 30 seconds to 1 minute before adding anything else in.
Helpful Recipe Tip
- Do you have to use arrowroot starch/flour? No, but I recommend it. You can solely use the xanthan gum but the consistency will be different. I found mixing the two produced a better final result.
- Beef broth can be used but chicken broth will give the most authentic flavor. I prefer chicken bone broth because the collagen helps with thickening.
Keto Sausage Gravy
Amount Per Serving
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Tried this recipe?Leave a rating and comment, thank you