This low carb chicken and broccoli is the definition of a healthy delicious meal. An easy recipe you could have a side of cauliflower mash or use the broccoli as a side dish!
I wouldn’t consider this a cheesy broccoli recipe. Although, it contains some cheeses I washed them out to give a very unique flavor to the sauce used.
We all in some way would love to get more cruciferous vegetables into our diets. All the vitamins and minerals they provide not to mention the fiber for those of us that seek that sort of thing.
Broccoli is considered a super food for these reasons alone. But, if I am going to get it down can a brother get a little taste with it. I am more than sure there are people who could eat raw broccoli with ranch all day but I can’t say I am one.
And who doesn’t like chicken?
Does chicken and broccoli have carbs?
Depending on how it is prepared this will vary. Naturally broccoli has its own carbs but these are the good ones. The carbs in this particular recipe you will get a few from the broccoli and the dairy in the meal contains traces of carbs but very few! Just the low carb chicken and broccoli alone you won’t come close to 5g net carbs!
Is chicken good for keto?
Of course! Just be mindful keto is a high fat, low carb diet. Chicken breast or wings aren’t your best option as far as fat goes. So chicken thighs as I have used here would be you best choice. Well the dark meat rather including chicken legs.
How do you make chicken and broccoli?
I am glad you asked!
Simply saute the chicken is the first thing you must do. The next step is to decide whether you want a cheese sauce or broth style. After that choice bring that to a boil then add chicken to finish cooking through. At some point in the last step toss in the broccoli. Depending on how well you want it cooked is up to you. In a dish like this I like my broccoli to soak up the full flavor of the sauce. Resulting in the end to be very soft.
In the end I didn’t add anything with this low carb chicken and broccoli dish. You can easily pair with a side of cauliflower rice or cauliflower mash. The chicken thighs are perfect for keto turning out extra juicy with a helping of cruciferous vegetables to match.
Low Carb Chicken and Broccoli (Keto-Friendly)
- 1 pack 4 chicken thighs
- 2-3 bunches broccoli
- 2 stalks green onion
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon oil to cook with
- salt and pepper for thighs
- wash and cut up broccoli and green onion and salt and pepper chicken thighs
- using tablespoon of oil I used lard saute chicken on medium until outside skin is crisp and golden. Both sides. Chicken doesn't have to be done on the inside it will finish cooking later
- remove chicken from pan and pan from heat leaving juices in pan. Add in heavy cream, butter, shredded mild cheddar, lemon juice, green onion and 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- turn on medium heat until it begins to smoke right before a boil and add chicken back in then lower the temperature and cover
- Now before covering for full flavor in broccoli you can add in now. But the broccoli will be really soft by the time the chicken is done. If you want crunchier broccoli wait about 10 minutes of covered chicken cooking then add into chicken and sauce and recover
- Continue cooking until chicken is done. Simply take a fork and knife and check for doneness or thermometer. Allow to cool a little then serve