This cinnamon roll low carb cream cheese dip goes perfect with keto crackers. You can even double it as a spread for fathead dough bagels or keto bread.
Something had to be done! I needed a dip!
I have recently got into keto flax crackers. And the keto bread I use along with the my carrot cake bread I like to top with butter.
Even with a cinnamon roll recipe, I like to have that flavor on things. When done right it adds a nice little change to things such as butters, yogurt and ice cream of course.
Picking up queso from Moe’s in addition to Qdoba I wanted to save a little money on top of saving on carbs. Those both have their share of hidden carbohydrates in each of their quesos.
Consequently I have made a sweet tasting keto dip that can use with far less carbs.
Why this low carb cream cheese dip?
- Low carbs, in traditional dips that aren’t made at home they use starches and powders driving the carb count above your macros. Who wants that?
- Dip options for keto crackers, when new to the keto diet it’s hard to find things to eat. Everything seems to have sugar or it’s a cheesecake. With this cinnamon roll low carb cream cheese dip you get a splash of fun with a healthy snack.
How to make a cinnamon roll dip
So, this is going to be so simple. I can’t stress it enough!
First things first bring everything to room temperature. You truly don’t want to fight with cold cream cheese. Your arms and hand mixer will thank you later. About an hour or so should be ample time. There’s always the option to simply poke the cream cheese as I do.
Now the sour cream can remain cold. I personally like to bring that to room temp as well.
You will need a combination of a powdered sweetener and a brown sugar alternative. I use Sukrin gold. I have used Truvia but there is a catch in theirs. Truvia brown sugar taste just like the real thing! With fewer carbs but still have actual sugar in it, so it can’t help but taste good.
I used monk fruit and my little cheap handy blender to take my granulated sweetener to powdered in seconds.
Cream the sour cream and cream cheese together. Add in your vanilla extract. Next add in both your sweeteners and cinnamon.
All these provide the elements of a cinnamon roll to give you an authentic feel. At this point the dip will be smooth. You can store in the refrigerator for the low carb cream cheese dip to harden. When this happens you can double it into a spread.
Imagine a fathead dough bagel with a cinnamon roll cream cheese on top!
- Bring to room temperature, be sure to bring cream cheese to room temperature so you will be able to mix it with your sour cream.
- Brown sugar Truvia, you can use Truvia if you don’t mind the carbs. It is sweeter and taste better. But to avoid the carbs Sukrin Gold is where you wanna go.
Cinnamon Roll Low Carb Cream Cheese Dip (Keto Friendly, Sugar Free)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon Powdered sweetener
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar alternative
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- bring cream cheese to room temperature
- combine sour cream and cream cheese, then add in vanilla extract
- add in sweetener, brown sugar alternative and cinnamon
- Mix well and serve