These keto birthday cake cupcakes are perfect sugar-free dessert for a special occasion. Low carb and grain-free allowing you to keep your keto diet strong!
With my birthday recently passing I went in search for a keto birthday cake alternative. To my luck I found nothing credible. So I created my own!
I knew there was no way to truly capture the flavor without a little help. So in light of this I purchased Oooflavors.
They are a company that focuses on keto friendly concentrates. No toxic ingredients I have recently searched them out to see how much flavor these could add to my recipes.
Here I used their sweet cream for the icing. In addition their cake batter for the cake portion of the cakes.
Vanilla Keto Birthday Cake Cupcakes
Firstly you may notice these are a bit brown. This is due to the butter content inside the cupcakes. The butter browns before the cakes get a chance to fully cook.
I used real sprinkles in this recipe but they are completely optional. With only a tablespoon they do add into the total net carb count. But, it’s your birthday!
You can add a few extra carbs for such an occasion!
Although they don’t really add any flavor I suspect it’s more for the novelty of the dessert. So not adding won’t make or break the flavor.
I had liquid allulose on hand for my cake recipes and I knew this would be my chance to break it out. Liquid sweeteners help with these alternative sweeteners for moisture. You may notice in the picture these possess an authentic cake texture.
I am rather sensitive to sweeteners and I received no gastric distress. I was nervous about adding the sweetener yet I had no issues. And trust me I ate plenty!
Enough to be embarrassed to say!
In conclusion, you have to give these a try. The addition of the concentrates really take this dessert to the next level. The allulose and monk fruit mixture give a sweetness along with maintaining texture. Then the butter adds an awesome flavor along with the cake batter concentrate.
Find Concentrates Here:
makes 6 cupcakes (frosting macros included in totals)
Net carb 1g
Nutrition facts done via My Fitness Pal
Vanilla Keto Birthday Cake Cupcakes(Low Carb, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free)
keto birthday cake
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (I used this)
- 2 tablespoon Coconut flour (I used this)
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener (I used this)
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cake batter concentrate (PURCHASE HERE)
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles ((optional))
keto birthday cake cupcakes
- melt butter then set aside to cool while you prepare other ingredients
- Preheat oven to 300ºF
- combine dry ingredients blanched almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, baking powder and salt
- combine wet ingredients eggs, liquid allulose, cake batter concentrate, then top off with cooled butter
- combine dry and wet then add in optional sprinkles if you choose to use them
- Place in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Oven time will vary so check about 15 minutes. Due to the butter the cakes will brown before they are fully done. But simply check with toothpick and make sure it comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before adding frosting or even eating because they will need to set up fully
sweet cream frosting
- bring butter and cream cheese to room temperature
- mix cream cheese and butter together
- then add in powdered sweetener, liquid stevia, heavy cream and sweet cream concentrate.
- Top cooled cupcakes and enjoy!