Keto pancakes with coconut flour make easy, fluffy pancakes in no time. Coconut flour is paleo, vegan and keto friendly as well. A pancake recipe with blueberries is a great option for a gluten free breakfast in under 15 minutes!
I have had my share of keto pancakes with coconut flour and almond flour. They don’t seem to mix too well in a quick cooking situation. So, for this application one or the other will do.
As far as experience goes coconut flour reigns king for the fluffiest keto pancakes. Yes, coconut flour is drier than almond flour. That reason is why they work so well in making the best pancakes.
Almond flour pancakes tend to be flat and lifeless. Combining flaxseed meal, chia seeds or psyllium husk can help with bulk but they make them extra grainy tasting. And we all want the tastiest pancakes close to the real thing.
Keto pancakes with coconut flour have a few simple ingredients:
For a simple coconut flour pancakes that’s all you need. But, you came here because you wanted some flavor right?
How to make keto pancakes with coconut flour
- Mix together your dry ingredients of coconut flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon.
- Your wet ingredients are eggs, vanilla extract, unsweetened almond milk and melted butter. Mix those next.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and add in one teaspoon of the blueberry topping. Slightly fold in just enough to create a swirl pattern.
- In a skillet, add in a heaping tablespoon of batter onto buttered skillet. You may have to spread it a little. As edges firm and you see a few bubbles on top flip pancakes. Finish cooking on other side.
- Remove from skillet and top with remaining blueberry sauce, sugar-free maple syrup or both.
What to top keto pancakes with?
That’s easy! There are so many options from store-bought syrups to homemade. Two great sugar-free syrups I use are Lakanto and Choczero. But here I also created a blueberry sauce topping that’s easy to make on your own.
In all honesty nothing is like that maple syrup on top. But, these are your coconut flour pancakes make them as you like.
If you are avoiding dairy replacing the butter with coconut oil is perfect. They work great when subbing for each other!
How many keto pancakes can I eat?
Here are the full nutritional facts for this recipe. Along with that you can see the fat, net carb and protein count. Does is it fit your macros?