Keto pumpkin waffles at only 4g net carbs per serving have a special bite of your favorite pumpkin spices with no sugar added and completely gluten-free, keto and paleo friendly!
How will I make it through the fall and continue to lose weight? So many pumpkin spiced desserts and meals what will I do about cravings? I fall into the trap of Black Friday deals, I’m just not going to make it!
I understand your reasoning and keto has done wonders for me and so many others just like us.
Breakfast is a hard time when dieting because so many items are a ton of carbs. To add insult, we love the pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin bars yet we only get a chance to experience these once a year.
Almond flour has done wonders with recreating bread-like items from pancakes, cakes and even waffles!
How To Make Keto Pumpkin Waffles
You’ll need these ingredients
- Blanched Almond Flour
- Coconut Flour
- Keto Sweetener
- Pumpkin Spices (cinnamon, nutmeg & ground cloves)
- Canned Pumpkin
Prepare the recipe this way…
First, you’ll need to melt the butter due to issues it could cause later in the recipe.
Next, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sweetener and the pumpkin spices together.
Pause, the pumpkin spices can be broken down into cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves. In this keto pumpkin waffles recipe for ease I use regular pumpkin pie spice mix from the store.
Now, grab that butter you melted earlier. Mix in the eggs, vanilla extract and canned pumpkin. The butter should be cooled now to avoid cooking your eggs.
Combine the dry and wet ingredients with a whisk to really make that waffle batter even.
A quick tip!
Make sure you have your waffle iron ready and it will vary how many waffles you get depending on the size. This waffle batter should make at least 2 waffles for you.
Now, pour the batter into the waffle maker/iron and allow it to cook all the way through. Remove once the keto pumpkin waffle has cooked through and place on a plate for serving.
Top the waffle with just syrup, pecans and syrup or even whipped cream!
Tips, for problems you may have
- Have a high heat! You don’t want to cook the waffle super slow. This will dry the waffle out. Yet, cooking too fast the waffle will begin to burn before the inside has cooked. I’ve found a high medium works well with almond flour to produce enough heat to rise and really brown the outside.
- You can sub out the coconut flour but you can’t remove the almond flour. This is why, click here!
- Be carful with the canned pumpkin. Some people have picked up pumpkin pie filling by accident and it’s full with a ton of sugar. Always read your labels!
Storing & Making Extra
Keto pumpkin waffles are great for making ahead and freezing for later. Like my original keto waffle, you can bake them in batches and pop them in the toaster or toaster oven later when you’re on the go.
In the freezer they will last at least 3 months. However, in the refrigerator expect 3-4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How can I eat this, is pumpkin keto friendly?
Can I do this with a chaffle?
No, this recipe isn’t a chaffle it’s a keto waffle. A chaffle is a cheese base why this keto pumpkin waffle using almond flour to support it.
What do you put on top of keto pumpkin waffles?
Help me, I’m struggling with fall recipes
- Wow the family with these side dishes
- List of must have Thanksgiving Dishes
- The best fall desserts turned keto
Keto Pumpkin Waffles
- waffle iron/maker
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 teaspoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon keto sweetener
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- Melt butter and heat up waffle maker to medium high heat
- Combine all the dry ingredients
- Grab the melted butter and mix in the rest of the wet ingredients
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients
- Pour waffle batter on the waffle maker and cook until waffle is done (use toothpick). Careful pulling it out because almond flour is very fragile while hot.
- Top and serve waffle, the recipe makes 2 waffles on a standard waffle maker