This keto chocolate mug cake is ready in just 1 minute! Topped with walnuts and caramel yet still low carb and gluten-free. Craving something sweet? Give this keto mug cake a try!
Late night snack have to be easy to make. So in creating this keto chocolate mug cake I needed something not only easy but delicious too.
Recently, I reviewed the keto chocolate cakes of the internet. Before making my own I needed to get a feel for the competition.
So after this video I can say that I am topping these three. Granted that is a personal opinion of course.
The keto chocolate mug cake can be made in under 90 seconds. Producing a chocolate cake-like texture right out of the microwave. Allow it to cool of course. A perfect late night snack that’s just a single serving so you won’t overdo it.
For the caramel I used Choczero caramel sauce. I currently am partnered with them to give you 10% off on all your purchases using the discount code “sugarlesscrystals” here.
How to make a keto mug cake?
Below I will break down how to make my version. But for now keto mug cakes are so fast and simple. Truly a one dish snack.
Place all your ingredients such as a flour or protein powder, add your sweetener and make a choice whether you want it to rise or not. Now, given the egg a small rise will happen but baking soda or powder will produce even more.
How to make my keto chocolate mug cake:
Personally I like to separate my dry from wet even for my keto mug cakes. Due to the recipe having melted butter I like to do that first to give it a chance to cool.
You do not want to put an egg in scorching hot butter. Isn’t that how we prepare eggs on the stove? The egg will begin to cook and scramble while mixing. And that is no good.
So, melt butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave then allow them to cool.
While butter is cooling grab all your dry ingredients. Coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, granulated sweetener and salt.
If you didn’t allow your butter and chocolate to get scorching hot they should be cool . Add in heavy cream, a little stevia and your egg. Now mix all that then toss in your dry ingredients.
Microwave for about 1-1 1/2 minutes. You do want it to be cooked to avoid batter left in the bottom. Allow it to cool so that the chocolate cake can set.
- Chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips, you can even not melt the chocolate with your butter to have the chunks flowing through your cake.
- Nut allergy? Don’t use the walnuts at all. They do bring a flavor and texture but it’s not worth damaging your health.
per mug cake including walnuts, excluding caramel sauce which varies
Net carbs 4g
Try these keto mug cakes:
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake with Walnuts & Caramel (Low Carb, Gluten Free)
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon Liquid stevia
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave. Try to avoid making it scorching hot so that way it can cool much faster.
- Combine dry ingredients coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, granulated sweetener and salt
- In cooled melted butter and chocolate add heavy cream, liquid stevia and egg. Then pour in your dry and mix then toss in walnuts
- Cook in microwave for 60-90 seconds checking at 60 to avoid over cooking. You want the top to look done not wet in the center. Allow to cool so the cake can set. Before eating top with caramel sauce.
- Try pecans instead of walnuts for something a little different. Both nuts pair well with chocolate
- Using a different sauce. You don't have to be limited to caramel. Go with a sugar free chocolate syrup. Choczero has a huge line of syrups ranging from vanilla, coconut, blueberry and even pumpkin to name a few.