Crack chicken keto thighs made on the stove top in a skillet. Featuring a creamed ranch sauce and topped with melted cheddar cheese. These chicken thighs are creamy and delicious!
What is crack chicken?
To begin, this should be asked first. I haven’t always known what crack chicken keto recipes were about. Thankfully, now I do!
Keto crack chicken is chicken made with a creamed ranch sauce and cheese. Typically, cream cheese and sharp cheddar are use. The chicken is made in a instant pot or crock pot for tenderness. My crack chicken keto thighs are made in an skillet. Much different than the traditional!
Crack chicken is suppose to be a keto snack, side dish if you may. I wanted to create and actual dish and make a filling keto dinner recipe for anyone to tried it. Cream cheese and sharp cheddar pack on the high fat side. Adding maximum flavor with the additions of bone broth as well.
Is chicken broth bone broth?
No, chicken broth has a great flavor. It’s keto friendly as well, but there is a better option. Such as chicken broth, bone broth carries the same great flavor. Yet, it has a secret ingredient chicken broth doesn’t have, collagen.
They are interchangeable. You can sub broth for bone broth or vice versa. But, you will lose the added benefits of what bone broth brings.
Advantages of bone broth:
- Collagen packed
- Great for the keto flu
- Packed with electrolytes
The powerhouse bone broth is super nutritional. You can purchase great collagen options from brands like Perfect Keto, but nothing beats the source. Bone broth can be sipped like tea or even make a bulletproof bone broth recipe.
Save 15% on collagen at Perfect Keto on me!
How to make crack chicken keto thighs in a skillet
- Seasoning the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Then using olive oil brown the chicken in a medium hot pan.
- After chicken is browned on both sides remove the chicken from the pan. Lower the heat to medium and pour in broth.
- Bring broth to boil then lower the heat to medium/low to being to simmer. Add in cream cheese.
- Toss in tablespoon to tablespoon and a half of ranch seasoning mix.
- Add chicken thighs back into the broth and cream cheese.
- Once sauce has reduced take off heat and top each thigh with cheddar cheese. Place in oven on broil setting.
How to many calories in crack chicken keto thighs
Below you will find full nutrition facts for this skillet crack chicken keto thigh recipe. Info contains the value for each chicken thigh including the shredded sharp cheddar cheese. It fits the macros for the perfect keto dinner recipe. Only 3g net carbs per chicken thigh!
What to serve with crack chicken?
Skillet chicken thighs are a great option for your protein source. Yet, sometimes a side dish is nice. Things like cauliflower rice, broccoli, asparagus and so get a little old. Maybe, you should spice it up a little. Other great recipes and side dishes below can be used to serve with your skillet keto crack chicken thighs.
Skillet Crack Chicken Keto Thighs
- 4 whole chicken thighs
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 strips bacon chopped
Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2.5 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional (see below))
- Note: Make ranch seasoning mix first with xanthan gum and put it to the side. You want this together, mixed and ready when it's time to add for speed. Also, cook and chop bacon ahead of time as well.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Add a little oil to a medium/high heated skillet and sear the chicken. Chicken skin just needs color. It doesn't have to be cooked all the way through.
- After chicken is browned on both sides remove the chicken from the pan. Remove most of excess oil with the exception of a tablespoon. Reduce heat to low/medium
- Add in heavy cream and cream cheese. Do not allow it to boil but a simmer is fine. Allow cream cheese to melt down. Then toss in ranch seasoning mix and mix quickly.
- Note: the hidden valley measurements are only for a substitution if you don't have all the ingredients for the homemade mix. Remove from heat.
- Add chicken thighs back into the cream sauce. Cover with shredded cheese and chopped bacon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If cheese starts to get too dark cover with aluminum foil.
- Allow to cool a bit then serve, the sauce will be extremely hot.