Coconut flour blueberry muffins can be not only super easy but delicious as any other muffin. I show you how to make muffins with coconut flour while keeping them keto friendly, low carb and grain free. Each coconut flour muffin is only 2g net carbs per muffin. So, make these now they are great for a healthy breakfast!
You’ll Love These Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Loaded with blueberries
- They fit into the gluten free, low carb, keto and paleo diet
- Coconut flour muffins that rise in the oven
How To Make Muffins With Coconut Flour-Step By Step
- First, Preheat oven then begin smashing blueberries. You can skip this step but I personally like a blueberry swirl throughout my muffins.
- Next, melt butter down then set it to the side to cool down.
- Mix all dry ingredients of coconut flour, granulated sweetener, baking soda and salt.
- Then, grab cooled butter and mix in eggs, vanilla extract and liquid sweetener.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients then fold in smashed blueberry mix and whole blueberries.
- Lastly, bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool then serve.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- You can skip smashing blueberries and just add all whole blueberries to the recipe. I feel the blueberry flavor is spread out better when there is a swirl. You can even add a little blueberry extract for added flavor, trust me it makes a difference.
- Use granulated sweetener only! When using coconut flour the granulated sweetener helps in the support process when the coconut flour muffin is baking. Lakanto or allulose works great here.
- A 1/2 tablespoon of chia seeds can be added to the batter. It changes the texture slightly by making it a bit more moist. Plus you get the added fiber! Note, the chia seeds are completely optional.
These muffins are only 2g net carbs a piece! Full nutritional label below via Cronometer.
Other Great Coconut Flour Recipes
Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 100 g blueberries
- Mix all dry ingredients
- Cream egg and cream cheese together. Start with cream cheese and one egg then add in each egg after the previos egg is mixed in
- Once combined add in vanilla extract and butter
- Combine dry and wet ingredients then fold in blueberries. Allow to sit for an hour for flavors to work together
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spoon into muffin cups then bake 25-30 minutes
- Allow to cool then serve