The best stuffed caramel keto cupcakes made with almond and coconut flour. Using my delicious keto caramel sauce you won’t be able to tell these are even keto friendly!
First, in order to do this recipe head over to my keto caramel sauce post to get all the directions. You won’t believe how much it taste like real caramel. Well, in essence that’s exactly what it is!
As much as I’d like to take full credit for this I can’t. These caramel keto cupcakes were actually a request via my YouTube channel. Yet, they turned out to be the best request ever made.
The reviews from my test batch were amazing. Till this day they have yet to figure out how I am able to pull off the sweetness and flavors I do. But, this by far was one of the best I was told. And I couldn’t agree more!
These caramel keto cupcakes are really quick and easy to make. The longest process is easily just making the caramel sauce itself and waiting for it to cool.
How to make a stuffed caramel keto cupcake:
Stuffing the keto cupcakes is actually very easy. They are soft and stable enough to allow you to remove the center and pour the caramel sauce inside. Roughly you will be able to squeeze one half of a tablespoon to slightly under a full tablespoon. For macros below I will just put in a full teaspoon to make it simple. Just note contents will be a little under that.
After the keto caramel sauce is made and cooled make you keto cupcakes. Start out by mixing your almond flour which you should be using blanched. Coconut flour, granulated sweetener, salt and baking powder.
Your wet ingredients consist of melted butter, liquid stevia or monk fruit, a extract and eggs. Now, for your extract you have the option of caramel or vanilla. I prefer vanilla for contrast, but if you want more caramel go for that. The caramel is loaded inside and in the whipped icing so you can easily taste it. But, whatever you’d like to take with it go for it!
What icing for a caramel keto cupcake?
Here I am using a whipped icing with a touch of caramel flavor to it. The icing itself is very light to compliment the heavy caramel in the middle. Such a nice touch!
The caramel sauce added won’t be enough to sweeten the icing so a tablespoon of powdered sweetener should be added. For those looking for something less sweet just skip the sweetener in the icing.
per cupcake with caramel inside and whipped icing
Net carb 3g
Stuffed Caramel Keto Cupcakes
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon liquid stevia or liquid monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or caramel extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Powdered sweetener
- 1 tablespoon keto caramel sauce
Keto caramel sauce
- 6 tablespoon Salted Butter
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1/3 cup granulated allulose (can use any sweetener but allulose or xylitol is recommended)
- Preheat oven to 330ºF. If that setting isn't there go down to 325ºF or 300ºF
- Melt butter then set aside to cool
- Mix all dry ingredients. Almond flour, coconut flour, granulated sweetener, salt and baking powder
- Mix in with the cooled butter the heavy cream, liquid stevia or monk fruit, a extract of choice and your eggs
- combine dry and wet then pour in muffin tins. You will have enough for 6 standard size with a little left over
- Place in oven for about 20-25 minutes checking at 15 minutes then 5 minutes intervals after that
- take cold heavy cream and whip it with hand mixer or whisk
- after forming stiff peaks fold in powdered sweetener and caramel sauce
keto caramel sauce
Helpful recipe tips:
- When cutting the whole out of the middle be sure not to go through the bottom.You don't want your caramel leaking out.
- The piece that is removed from the keto cupcake keep that top in order to place back on top of the cupcake. This will aid in adding the icing.
- Make caramel sauce a while before making the cupcakes. You want the caramel cool to avoid melting through everything.
- Store whipped icing in the refrigerator until ready for you to use. Make sure to fold everything in and by not using the hand mixer.