A sugar free keto strawberry lemonade that’s screams spring and summer refreshing drink. Homemade with fresh strawberries and squeezed lemons you can make this at home and give it a perfectly sweet and sour flavor that’s far healthier than store bought pink lemonade.
Is Sugar Free Lemonade Bad For You
It isn’t that it’s bad, the problems come from the ingredients. The idea of sugar free is to keep from having a spike in blood sugar and to avoid effects of sugar. Yet, some sweeteners they use cause the same issues or more than sugar itself. In this homemade recipe it’s super simple and you know exactly what you’re sweetening it with.
Can I Add Alcohol
Yes, there are alcohols that are keto friendly! I have a video and blog post explaining all of this for you! Be sure to get alcohol free of flavors because those normal have sugar. This recipe is great alone but for some nights I think it’s nice to have a kick to your drink. These are great alcohols that you can add that are all not flavored:
How To Make Strawberry Lemonade
Making homemade lemonade the only time consuming thing is squeezing the fruits. Luckily, you can buy lemon juice in store. But, avoid and strawberry juice. You’ll have to make that to keep it sugar free.
Blend 1 cup of water and 1 cup of strawberries. Blend them until pureed and smooth. Then, take a cheesecloth and drain over a cup or bowl. I found a bowl much easier. Drain well. You can skip this step if you want the pulp but for a smooth drink I strained mine.
In a small pot on medium/low heat and add a cup of water. Next, add lemon juice and strawberry juice into water and add sweetener while stirring. The heat is just to melt the sweetener and once it has dissolved remove from heat.
Lastly, allow to cool or pour over ice. Add to a pitcher and place in refrigerator for it to be fresh and cold whenever you’re ready to drink.
How Do I Sweeten The Strawberry Lemonade
The best sweeteners I have used for this recipe are:
I highly recommend you avoid a liquid sweetener in a drink recipe. From my experience they never taste very good compared to granulated.
Keto Strawberry Lemonade
- 2 cup water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2-1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sweetener
- Add one cup of water and one cup of strawberries to a blender and blend until smooth and pureed
- Use a strainer or cheese cloth to remove the pulp from the strawberry juice
- Squeeze lemons or use lemon juice. Add 1 cup of water, strained strawberry juice and lemon juice into a pot on medium low heat.
- Stir in sweetener and once sweetener has dissolved remove from heat. The liquid doesn't have to be extremly hot to dissolve sweetener
- Place in pitcher in the refrigerator or pour over ice to cool immediately. Note: taste and adjust the sourness of the lemon. I used a full cup but some may not want a sour drink so start at 1/2 cup and taste to likeness
Can I Add AlcoholYes, there are alcohols that are keto friendly! Be sure to get alcohol free of flavors because those normal have sugar. This recipe is great alone but for some nights I think it's nice to have a kick to your drink. These are great alcohols that you can add that are all not flavored: