Keto granola is easy to make at home and you can keep those big clusters that get crushed in the store bought brands. Great for a healthy breakfast with yogurt or unsweetened almond milk this low carb granola is crunchy with a hint of natural sweetness.
- 4 ounce almonds
- 3 ounce sunflower seeds
- 5 ounces pumpkin seeds
- 3 ounces pecan
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Besti brown sugar (see notes)
- 3 tablespoon egg white powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Roughly chop almonds, pumpkin seeds and pecans indiviually. Don't combine them all because the pumpkin seeds and pecan will turn into dust if mixed with almonds
In a bowl add all seeds, nuts and coconut. Mix them around a little to get them even
In a small pot on medium heat melt butter. I browned the butter which is a method to give the butter a nutty flavor. Once butter is browned add sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Give a good mix then add in egg white powder. Mix will look a little grainy but no worries it'll melt smooth in the oven
Pour on top of your nuts and mix evenly
On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper add granola and pat down firmly
Bake for 25 minutes then remove and allow to cool fully before breaking the granola into chunks.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Don't rush, when you remove it from the oven cooking you have to give it time to cool. Allowing the egg whites to harden the mixture to create those clusters we love.
- Best sweeteners, I used Besti brown sugar which has no aftertaste. But, Swerve is great! I just recommend you mix Swerve with another sweetener to avoid that aftertaste. In this recipe erythritol actually works well because when it melts then cools again it crystalizes.
- Skip egg white powder, this is what gives that great hold and keeps your clusters together. It helps with the crunch as well but it can be skipped.
Leave a rating and comment, thank you