Oreo Keto Waffles
Oreo keto waffle
- 2 tablespoon blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoon dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated or powdered sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 5-10 drops liquid stevia or liquid monk fruit
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, coconut oil, almond milk etc. (preferrably oil or butter)
- 1-2 tablespoon heavy cream or almond milk (to thin out batter if too thick)
Cream cheese Topping
- 1 ounce full fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon almond milk, heavy cream or even water
- 1 teaspoon powdered sweetener
Combine all dry ingredients
Mix together egg and oil,butter or dairy free milk of choice
Combine dry and wet then mix until batter is smooth. You may want to thin the batter out more with heavy cream or almond milk but you don't have to.
Spray waffle iron with a cooking oil spray preferrably olive oil or ghee spray
Cook until done. Waffle will be somewhat flimsy when removing so be careful to avoid tearing
Bring cream cheese to room temperature
Mix the cream cheese by itself first so that it's smooth
Add in sweetener and wet ingredient choice then mix until smooth
Helpful Recipe Tips
- For the true Oreo flavor you must use dutch process cocoa powder. If you want to swap out for regular cocoa powder you can but they won't be Oreo flavored just chocolate flavored.
- Butter or coconut oil is ideal but just using something like almond milk will work just fine. The texture will be slightly different with the almond milk but not worries.
- These keto waffles are far more flimsy than my original recipe. They also don't crisp up as my original did so be careful removing from the waffle iron.
Oreo Keto Waffles
Amount Per Serving
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a rating and comment, thank you