Keto Cheese Sauce
Keto cheese sauce for all your favorite recipes. For snacks, savory dishes or even a simply sandwich or wrap topping. You'll love the multiple uses this low carb sauce brings. Made with cheddar cheese, but it's so easy to make with a cheese of any kind!
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoon arrowroot starch (mixed with 1-1.5 TB cold water)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt ((opitonal) if you want more saltiness)
Mix water and arrowroot powder then set aside
In a small sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter
After butter is melted pour in heavy cream
As it's heating up which it will very fast slowly pour in arrowroot/water mix a little at a time while still mixing. The cream will thicken quickly so don't burn it.
Remove from heat and add in cheese then continue stirring (see notes below)
Cycle putting it on the heat source then taking it back off until cheese is fully melted.
Helpful Recipe Tips
- Make sure to pour the arrowroot slowly. If you pour it all at once it will clump together. Whisking will help if it happens but there will still be pieces left floating around. They will be like small gummies.
- Shredded cheese is better than cubed or small blocks. If they are shredded they will melt much faster. I suggest if you don't own a cheese grate to chop your cheese up as small as possible.
- Take the pan off the heat and back on to keep your heavy cream from getting too hot. What will happen is the fat and protein will cling together causing your sauce to curdle and become very gritty. If this happens it is still edible but will be very gritty and there's no way to fix it. At least if the starch clumps you can strain it.
Keto Cheese Sauce
Amount Per Serving
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Leave a rating and comment, thank you